Custom Resolution

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
signalworks

Custom Resolution

Postby signalworks » 22 Feb 2019

Hello, I want to setup a new custom resolution with CustomResolutionManager. The resolution should work like the Point-Resolution, but should calculate the boxsize dynamically. The boxsize should calculated depend on the marketprice. Simple like this: boxsize = marketprice * factor / 100. The variable #factor I want to set in the Format_Instrument-Dialog. How can I achieve this?
@MC: could you put a template of the point-resolution online? Thanks.
If this could work, the dynamically boxsize can be used in PL-Code via #boxsize?

regards
lux

Anna MultiCharts

Re: Custom Resolution

Postby Anna MultiCharts » 22 Feb 2019

Hello, signalworks!

Point resolution doesn’t have any boxsize setting. It’s one of the available resolutions of the regular chart type and it has bars, not boxes, so I’m a bit confused about what you’d like to achieve.
Boxsize settings are available for several non-regular chart types, so if you’re referring to that setting, do you want to dynamically change it in the Format Instrument dialog or would you just like to adjust the boxsize on the chart?
Theoretically you can implement any logic if you create your own custom bar type. The templates for non-regular chart types are available in the Custom Resolutions Manager.
As for PowerLanguage – unfortunately that’s not possible to get the info about the boxsize using its comands.

signalworks

Postby signalworks » 23 Feb 2019

Hello Anna, thanks and sorry, I was a bit confused in my explanation... Instaed of Boxsize I meant Points. I would like to set a #Factor. The Points should be calculated for example Points=marketprice * #Factor / 100. The calculated Chart should be a Points-Charts with adapted pointsize based on the marketprice and factor. Could you put a template of the regular point-resolution online? Thanks.

regards,
lux

Anna MultiCharts

Postby Anna MultiCharts » 25 Feb 2019

signalworks,

Unfortunately regular point resolution template is not available in the program, and we cannot post it here. Please resort to the templates that are represented in the platform.

signalworks

Postby signalworks » 26 Feb 2019

Have you any suggestion, how can I achieve the requirement with the given templates? In no one I can find access to the "resolution"-field.

Anna MultiCharts

Postby Anna MultiCharts » 27 Feb 2019

signalworks,

You can find the size and type of the resolution using the IBaseOptions interface.

signalworks

Postby signalworks » 28 Feb 2019

Thanks, Anna. Unfortunately this properties are ReadOnly. I need to set the ResoutionSize with my own calculated value. Is there a way?

Anna MultiCharts

Postby Anna MultiCharts » 01 Mar 2019

signalworks,

The resolution size can only be specified in the Format instrument dialog.
If you’d like to dynamically change the boxsize as you stated initially, then you may want to check out the Line Break template.

Return to “MultiCharts”