MC_Text_GetActive -->> MC_Text_SetInactive???  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
PD Quig

MC_Text_GetActive -->> MC_Text_SetInactive???

Postby PD Quig » 10 Mar 2019

Quick question: is there a way to programmatically set a specific text ID that has been previously clicked (and is therefore "active") back to inactive state?

Quite a few years ago I built some stuff based on jbowles code enabling on-screen changes to code parameters by clicking various text objects. Over the years I've just learned to live with having to click the mouse again before being able to click a different text object. I don't see any obvious PowerLanguage commands or functions to "de-select" an object so that only one click is required to switch between the two. Is there something out there?

Svetlana MultiCharts

Re: MC_Text_GetActive -->> MC_Text_SetInactive???

Postby Svetlana MultiCharts » 19 Mar 2019

Hello, PD Quig,

Unfortunately, there is no such command available in PowerLanguage.

PD Quig

Postby PD Quig » 19 Mar 2019

Thanks for the answer, Svetlana.

It's a minor hassle in this application, but what it really speaks to is the need to enable buttons or other clickable objects on MC charts that allow the user to make rapid changes to indicator/signal parameters without requiring the user to perform a multi-step process:
1) Format indicators
2) Select the indicator
3) Click the Format button
4) Select the parameter to be changed
5) Type or select the change to the data
6) Click pop-up OK button
7) Click Close button

When the indicator plots on the screen this process can be shortened by two steps by double-clicking on the indicator to invoke directly the Format Indicator pop-up. This is still a cumbersome way to switch parameters--especially when the parameters the user wants to change are part of a fixed set of values. Maybe no other MC users have this general use model?

Svetlana MultiCharts

Re: MC_Text_GetActive -->> MC_Text_SetInactive???  [SOLVED]

Postby Svetlana MultiCharts » 02 Apr 2019

Hello, PD Quig,

You can double-click not only the indicator’s plot, but also the indicator’s icon in the Status Line to open Format Study window quickly.
In order to show the indicator’s icon in the Status Line please go to Format Window -> Status Line-> check “Enable Status Line” box and then enable “Study” checkbox.

PD Quig

Postby PD Quig » 02 Apr 2019

Thanks Svetlana. I'm aware of that, but when you have more than a few indicators applied to the chart, the Status line becomes very crowded and reduces usable screen real estate.

Return to “MultiCharts”