[FIX] Multicharts failed to retrieve new eSignal symbol  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
tonyng

[FIX] Multicharts failed to retrieve new eSignal symbol

Postby tonyng » 12 Mar 2019

All the sudden, I cannot add any new symbols to the QuoteManger with eSignal(ver. 12.2 build 465.0 11/18/2015). It keeps showing 2 error messages "The Download of the specified resource has failed." and then this window will pop up later "Timeout. Do you want to retry".

Somehow, "Multicharts64 Release 5" is still able to get all the data-feed for all the existing charts. I did remove MC and re-installed it again, and the same thing still happened.

Seems like eSignal refused Multicharts to retrieve its Symbol database but the data-feed.

HPF

Re: Multicharts failed to retrieve new eSignal symbol

Postby HPF » 12 Mar 2019

Same here, both with MC64 V 10.0 (build 13626) and with MC.NET 64 V 11.0 (build 15811). The eSignal DataManager is 12.2 (build 465.0). The eSignal trading frontend 12.8 build (12.8.4785.825 64bit) works as expected and can retrieve new symbols from the eSignal server. But neither version of MC64 can see these symbols.

Have you made any progress on this problem? I need to roll futures contracts, and so I do need to add new symbols asap.

I am pretty sure it worked in early January of this year with the same versions of MC, MC.NET and data manager.

Since the eSignal frontent can still add new contracts, but MC stopped working, it seems to me that eSignal tweaked the API to access the symbol data base on their server, that their own software is still able to work with the changes, but for some reason MC is not.

Thanks for any ideas and for your help.

Kind regards,

HPF

tonyng

Postby tonyng » 12 Mar 2019

No progress, but I was able to use the manual option to add symbols. You would need to know your exchange for each of them. I hope someone from the technical team notice the problem

TJ

Postby TJ » 12 Mar 2019

You should use LiveChat to let tech support see this problem.

Svetlana MultiCharts

Postby Svetlana MultiCharts » 12 Mar 2019

Dear Users,

This is a known issue; our engineers are already working on the improvement. Sorry for inconvenience. We will keep you updated.

HPF

Postby HPF » 13 Mar 2019

Thanks for the hint about manually adding the symbol in the QM. It worked for me. Note that you need to know the precise spelling of the symbol and of the name of the exchange. Fortunately, you can always use the eSignal frontend to search their symbol data base, and so adding new symbols may be cumbersome, but still ought to be possible.

Kind regards,

HPF

Svetlana MultiCharts

Re: Multicharts failed to retrieve new eSignal symbol  [SOLVED]

Postby Svetlana MultiCharts » 14 Mar 2019

Dear Users,

We have adopted to the changes on the data provider end to restore adding new symbols in MultiCharts 12.0 Release 7. Please update your platform to the latest available version to get this solution.

Return to “MultiCharts”