Paper Trading issue: 1) order rejected and 2) a trade appear on chart but not on traker

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
dvdkite

Paper Trading issue: 1) order rejected and 2) a trade appear on chart but not on traker

Postby dvdkite » 29 Apr 2019

Hello Everyone,

I'm new to paper trading. I've created a workspace with a chart and a signal and put it alive with Orders Automation using the Paper trading broker to see how it work. Anyway I' had 2 problems:

1) When inside my strategy the order conditons are met then a limit order is placed. As you can see on the image the strategy tryied over 30 time to send the order and it has been rejected. Usually rejection are not due to code problems so any of you guys has an idea about a possible solution?
I can see that in the TIF column I don't hava a "DAY" value but a GTC ... what does it mean?
PAPERTRADINGORDER.JPG
(448.72 KiB) Downloaded 240 times
2) the second problem is related to this image:
PapeTradingISSUE_missing_Order.JPG
(286.4 KiB) Downloaded 240 times
Can you see that the 26 of april the systems correctly entered an order called FLAT LE 5 and it has been correctly executed on the chart (entered at 16:00 and out after 2 bars with 11,5 points of gain over the DAX future.
Ok so as you can see in the table at the TOP LINE in the tarker list above THERE's NO TRACE about that order? How's that possible??
The first order in the traker list is at the 25/04/2019 and it's the last rejected order related to problem 1) of the previous day. There should be the 26th april positive trade at the top.

Any idea, thoughts on how to solve those problems?

PLEASE NOTE: Logs and Alerts are EMPTY so there's nothing there to point me in the righr direction.

Thanks and Best Regards,

David

dvdkite

Re: Paper Trading issue: 1) order rejected and 2) a trade appear on chart but not on traker

Postby dvdkite » 29 Apr 2019

QUICK UPDATE:

I just came back at my desk and I can see an oper trade... but there's no trade of it in the position tracker (of course you don't see it in the Orders tab neither)??? Do you see it in the chart ? It has been open a SHORT at 12351 called "Flat SE 4"...
Still a mistery (or a bug)...
DONTSEETHISTRADEINTRAKER.JPG
(205.91 KiB) Downloaded 232 times
and Looking at the Account tab you can see that il the "Last Update" columns it sais that last update was the 25/04/2019... could it be a problem of updating the tabs? It should be updated on every new operation:
Account TAB.JPG
(212.36 KiB) Downloaded 230 times

Henry MultiСharts

Re: Paper Trading issue: 1) order rejected and 2) a trade appear on chart but not on traker

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 29 Apr 2019

Hello David,
Let me address your questions in order.
1) TIF GTC = Good Till Cancel. TIF is not related to the order rejection in this case.
Please refer to the Logs tab of the Order and Position Tracker that should have the reason of the reject specified there. Please make sure the filters at the top of the Order and Position Tracker window are configured correctly, especially the From-To Date/Time filters:
http://www.multicharts.com/trading-soft ... on_Tracker
2 & 3) Order and Position Tracker window shows only the orders that were placed by the autotrading while it was enabled and the manual trading orders. Order and Position Tracker window does not display the backtesting results. Backtesting results can be viewed in Strategy Performance Report:
http://www.multicharts.com/trading-soft ... nce_Report

dvdkite

Postby dvdkite » 30 Apr 2019

Hello David,
Let me address your questions in order.
1) TIF GTC = Good Till Cancel. TIF is not related to the order rejection in this case.
Please refer to the Logs tab of the Order and Position Tracker that should have the reason of the reject specified there. Please make sure the filters at the top of the Order and Position Tracker window are configured correctly, especially the From-To Date/Time filters:
http://www.multicharts.com/trading-soft ... on_Tracker
2 & 3) Order and Position Tracker window shows only the orders that were placed by the autotrading while it was enabled and the manual trading orders. Order and Position Tracker window does not display the backtesting results. Backtesting results can be viewed in Strategy Performance Report:
http://www.multicharts.com/trading-soft ... nce_Report

Hello Henry and thanks for the reply

1) As I said I checked the log and the alert tab but they're empty and they don't say anything about the rejection

2) and 3) I was really convinced to have left the AUTOMATED TRADING Open... I'll re-activated it now and let's see how it proceed.

So only 1) stay unresolved

Thanks

Regards,

DAvid

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 30 Apr 2019

1) As I said I checked the log and the alert tab but they're empty and they don't say anything about the rejection
David, please come to the live chat to demonstrate that.

Return to “MultiCharts”