Compile error line 0, column 0 , How to solve it?

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Applecabi

Compile error line 0, column 0 , How to solve it?

Postby Applecabi » 20 Jun 2019

"Compile error line 0, column 0" occurred again in Powerlanguage editor, MultiCharts64 Version 12.0 Release (Build 18184).

The weird thing is for the very same code, it could be compiled successfully on one PC, but not on another PC with same and latest version MC. Only license number and user ID differed in the 2 MC. (both system used windows 10 64bit with latest update). Unlike in the past, this time the problem could not be resolved by rebooting the system and reopening the Powerlanguage editor. In addition, compiling blank script was also denied with "Compile error line 0, column 0", so this issue should not be related to error coding. Could some one have any idea how to solve this problem permanently? (other than uninstall and reinstall MC ) .

Could anyone explain what is the underlying problem that repeatedly cause the issue of "Compile error line 0, column 0" , ever since ealier version of MC. It seems the problem is too difficult to get rid off permanently despite multiple update of MC. Any opinion is welcome and thanks in advance for those who could solve the problem.

Salzburg

Re: Compile error line 0, column 0 , How to solve it?

Postby Salzburg » 20 Jun 2019

Same issue here, and i just posted on the forum yesterday about the G++ EXE compile error, i also get the line 0 compilation error at the same time, and i believe it has something to do with G++ since i get this warning.... i first got it a few weeks ago, i then had to uninstall and then reinstall, which was a real pain, i then got the same error yesterday.... hmm..... anyway i believe what you describe is exactly as i have issue with.. did you also got the G++ EXE warning error ?

Gaempi

Postby Gaempi » 20 Jun 2019

Hello

I had the same issue after updating windows 10.

Start the PowerLanguage Editor as administrator and you can (perhaps) fix the problem. After starting the programm like this compiling is as usual ok.

Applecabi

Postby Applecabi » 20 Jun 2019

Rebooted my PC this morning and open Powerlanguage editor the problem was gone. I just don't know how it worked.
It seems the main problem with "Compile error line 0, column 0" error is no exact explanation for it to occur. When the error is gone we did not even know how it was solved. :roll:

Salzburg

Postby Salzburg » 21 Jun 2019

Could someone from MC support team respond, since there is a connection between the long known problem with G++ error when compiling and line 0 column 0 error, and its known to arrrive after updating windows 10, however seems not to be always needed since in my case it happens wihout updating windows 10.. and it also seems random since Applecabi problem just got away when rebooting.
This does not seem reliable, and need to be solved.
Thanks

TJ

Postby TJ » 21 Jun 2019

Please ALWAYS post a screenshot of the error messages.

Applecabi

Postby Applecabi » 21 Jun 2019

This is the screenshot of the error message when I tried to compile the blank script for testing purpose. Actually not much information to show.
Attachments
Screenshot_20190622_083355_com.whatsapp.jpg
(234.8 KiB) Downloaded 331 times

Anna MultiCharts

Postby Anna MultiCharts » 24 Jun 2019

Dear users,

MultiCharts 12 Release 7 contains all of the preventive measures against this compilation error that we could think of by now. If it still bothers you in this release or higher please contact us in Live Chat for remote demonstration of the issue.

Applecabi

Postby Applecabi » 24 Jun 2019

Dear users,

MultiCharts 12 Release 7 contains all of the preventive measures against this compilation error that we could think of by now. If it still bothers you in this release or higher please contact us in Live Chat for remote demonstration of the issue.
As in the past I have no idea how this compilation error occurred. It just happened when I was trying to compiled an indicator (an ELD file downloaded from a forum). Everything was fine and no system update since reboot, and was still able to compile another indicator just a few minutes before. Initially I thought it was the a reserve word GetAccountId which is not applicable to indicator might cause the error. I then tried compile a blank script immediately and after a reboot of system, the compilation error remained. A the same time I tried to compile the same code in another PC with same version of powerlanguage editor, compilation error occurred (due to the reserve word) but no compilation error after testing with a blank script with the second PC. I think I have no idea how to repeat the error. Perhaps showing you the code may help.
The following code was downloaded from Easylanguage mastery website http://easylanguagemastery.com/going-live-automation/, intended to check position mismatch when trading futures with continuous futures symbol during roll over period. Thanks

Code: Select all

Condition1 = I_CurrentContracts*I_Marketposition<>GetPositionQuantity(SymbolName, GetAccountId); Value1 = GetAppInfo(aiHighestDispValue) ; Value2 = GetAppInfo(aiLowestDispValue) ; If LastBarOnChart and condition1 {and (BarStatus( 1 ) = 2 or BarType=2)} then begin //print(date," ",time," ",symbolname," ",GetAccountID," ",GetPositionQuantity(SymbolName, GetAccountId)); PlotPaintBar( Value1, Value2,open,close,"plot1",Red,value1,5 ) ; end;

Anna MultiCharts

Postby Anna MultiCharts » 02 Jul 2019

Applecabi,

as stated above those who are experiencing this compilation error in MultiCharts 12 Release 7 should contact us in Live Chat for remote demonstration of the issue.

Return to “MultiCharts”