Removing Orders on MC-Side not possible (No sync with IB)  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
PK1

Removing Orders on MC-Side not possible (No sync with IB)

Postby PK1 » 27 Jun 2019

Hello,

I've done some testing with orders in MC with a connection to IB and unfortunately I cancelled the orders in IB.
Now I can't get rid of the orders in MC. They show up in MC-Charts and MC-DOM whatever I do. All done on paper-trade-account, so that is no problem.

Reconnecting to IB or restarting MC would sync both systems I thought ... they don't sync. There is a message saying: "Place or modify fewer orders!It can be caused by unstable connection to the broker's server". There's no unstable connection but 13 orders.

As I wrote my expectations were MC and IB sync regarding existing and modified orders. But that caused the problem of orders I can't delete at all. Any approuch how to deal with this situation?

Edit: New orders can be entered and edited but not the previous one, they are stuck until expiring oder getting executed. But that won't happen with GTC-Orders. (Sorry, in the late hours yesterday I wrote the Edit-Text in german, changed to english now)

Thank You
Last edited by PK1 on 28 Jun 2019, edited 1 time in total.

Henry MultiСharts

Re: Removing Orders on MC-Side not possible (No sync with IB)  [SOLVED]

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 28 Jun 2019

Hello PK1,

Have you tried rebooting your PC?

PK1

Re: Removing Orders on MC-Side not possible (No sync with IB)

Postby PK1 » 28 Jun 2019

Have you tried rebooting your PC?
No.
But now and the orders are finally gone. Thanks for pointing that out.

Is there any way to prevent that orders get stuck in advance? 13 orders is not that much and killing them in IB shouldn't cause any problem.

As long as the orders are not newly created in MC and not yet synchronized with IB there is simply no reason to keep them in MC. IB is leading.
The message is talking about unstable connection to the broker, which can't be the problem at all as MC connects on localhost to TWS.

So is there any thing to consider to avoid this to happen? Because I don't know how MC is dealing them as inactive orders or could push them to IB under some circumstances. That would be not good.

Henry MultiСharts

Re: Removing Orders on MC-Side not possible (No sync with IB)

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 02 Jul 2019

The orders should not remain active in MultiCharts if you have cancelled them in IB TWS and they are no longer present there. If that happened and reconnecting the broker profile did not clear them, then something went wrong between MC and TWS. If restarting MultiCharts and TWS did not clear them either, then, most likely, the platforms were not correctly (fully) restarted. In a situation like this it is required to study MultiCharts logs to provide more information. If it happens again please go to Help tab->Feedback (or Windows Start menu->All programs->MultiCharts64->Feedback).
Select two options:
- Attach log files to help us understand what happened;
- Include Backup of Logs from previous session;
- Upload collected data to Help Desk.
Uncheck the other options as we do not need them right now.
Specify the Broker Order ID (Order and Position Tracker->Orders tab) for the orders in question in the Description field.

Return to “MultiCharts”