Problem with Highest built in function on data2

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
hughesfleming

Problem with Highest built in function on data2

Postby hughesfleming » 22 Jul 2019

I have two data streams with data2 being 65 minutes and data1 being one minute. If I set data1 to 30 minutes or 10 minutes or any resolution down to 3 minutes I get the same value for my indicator but not at 1 minute. This is infuriating! I have checked all data2 values with print statements and the function causing the problem is when I look back for the highest value with the highest built in function. Can someone give me a quick explanation why this might be happening?

My second problem is that the editor is freezing regularly or impossible to maximise once minimised on the task bar. The editor remains frozen if Portfolio trader is loading data or calculating at startup. Is anyone else having this problem?

regards,

Alex

TJ

Re: Problem with Highest built in function on data2

Postby TJ » 22 Jul 2019

MC version and build number?

hughesfleming

Postby hughesfleming » 22 Jul 2019

Hi TJ,

I am using the latest version but I am now getting this error that I have never seen before so I am going to reinstall. Something seems to have happened that isn't normal.

regards,

Alex
Error.JPG
(20.71 KiB) Downloaded 190 times

kagein

Postby kagein » 22 Jul 2019

I had this error this weekend when i updated windows server, repairing Multicharts instead of uninstalling fixed the issue.

Zoakes

Postby Zoakes » 23 Jul 2019

You might be able to get around it with maxlist() minlist(), but it would be a bit busy. (maxlist(h,h[1],h[2],h[3],h[4] ...)

Zach

Return to “MultiCharts”