What is Multicharts constantly sending info to from tsServer.exe?? mcharts.servy.net?  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
wilkinsw

What is Multicharts constantly sending info to from tsServer.exe?? mcharts.servy.net?

Postby wilkinsw » 05 Aug 2019

Hi,

Can other users feedback on what TCP connections they are seeing from MC's tsServer.exe process?

For some reason, I'm constantly streaming info to an MC server in Singapore: mcharts.servy.net (116.12.49.53) at c. 20 B/Sec. Occassionally 116.12.49.53 is popping up briefly sending info at c. 500B/Sec.

Additionally I'm connected to another server intermittently (199.193.115.99).

What are other users finding?
network connections.png
(49.71 KiB) Downloaded 329 times
What's even stranger is that I lack the usual "mcauth.com" network connection on this server.
Two colleagues with almost identical setup are only connected to mcauth.com .

Smoky

Re: What is Multicharts constantly sending info to from tsServer.exe?? mcharts.servy.net?

Postby Smoky » 06 Aug 2019

I made the same control with this wondefull tool, https://www.glasswire.com/ and i think that MC like many other applications speak to much to their servers.

with this tool you can see externals IP and domain name of MC servers.
i think :

server 1 68.169.57.142 and server 3 116.12.49.53 are always drm servers, server 2 162.12.49.53 seem different about data trafic more important than other DRM server ! this server is a cloud server, stange for DRM control ...

i start to block this datas trafic, but finaly i stop to use multicharts to send orders to my broker, I lost my trust in this software.

I only control Multicharts trafic, lol now TsServer seem to stream data too ...

I look forward to the answers from the development team, because their servers are not all DRM control...

wilkinsw

Re: What is Multicharts constantly sending info to from tsServer.exe?? mcharts.servy.net?

Postby wilkinsw » 06 Aug 2019

Thanks Smoky.

Yeah reading around I've found that "always on DRM" solutions can leave users vulnerable to info leaks. Would be great if MC could offer another solution. Maybe just a once daily check would suffice as a starting point (I would be happy to pay extra for this).

I did also discover that what MC calls: mcauth.com, mcauth1.com, mcauth2.com

Actually show as: mcauth.com, mocha6007.mochahost.com and mchart.servy.net in Resource monitor. MC take note.

Thanks,

Will

Henry MultiСharts

Re: What is Multicharts constantly sending info to from tsServer.exe?? mcharts.servy.net?  [SOLVED]

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 06 Aug 2019

Hi,

MultiCharts is a standalone application. All modules, configuration parameters and user data (workspaces, studies, data) are kept on your computer.
The data/broker connection is performed from your computer directly to your datafeed/broker servers.
We are not collecting any user data/traffic.

The IPs mentioned above are:
68.169.57.142, 116.12.49.53 - MultiCharts DRM.
The MultiCharts DRM system has several backup redundancy servers with different providers just in case one of the servers is unavailable.

199.193.115.99 - MultiCharts Forex Data server.
"MCFXPrivate" is an internal data provider that is used by default for the currency conversion functionality:
http://www.multicharts.com/trading-soft ... Conversion
That is possible to choose a different data provider for this feature:
https://www.multicharts.com/trading-sof ... Conversion

162.12.49.53 - Not MultiCharts IP.

Smoky

Postby Smoky » 06 Aug 2019

Henri, thanks for your speedy answer, you already told me that MC check DRM every minutes ! even if you use a thread to do this you use many cpu usage for this,

i have 3 lifetime MC licences, it's easy when i start MC to control : same PC, same registration name and code , same Fix IP !

easy to control one time a day ! maybe if i use one laptop with another IP you can make a second control ... but since 10 years you know your registered customers , No ?

Your registration process can be critical for hacker, ok, but when a customer use every day your software, You HAVE to know that he had paid a lifetime licence and can use it with only one control on start. Crazy to check DRM every minute and take 3 redondant servers to do it.

SUPER

Postby SUPER » 09 Aug 2019

Is TradingServer also being monitored ?
MC-3.jpg
(211.86 KiB) Downloaded 223 times

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 09 Aug 2019

Super,

TradingServer is in charge of the Addons DRM connection.

Return to “MultiCharts”