Annual Period Analysis

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Fattyflathead

Annual Period Analysis

Postby Fattyflathead » 16 Aug 2019

How come if i set my historical data to 10years back for backtesting that some strategies will show the performance in Annual Period analysis for only this year (or nothing at all )and some strategies will show the whole 10 years in Annual Period Analysis (for the same instrument) ??

Anna MultiCharts

Re: Annual Period Analysis

Postby Anna MultiCharts » 19 Aug 2019

Hello, Fattyflathead!

Try reproducing the issue in the Offline mode (File -> Preferences -> Data server mode -> Offline).
If it is reproduced in Offline attach the following files:
- a workspace with only 2 charts: one where the periodical analysis displays only 1 year, and another where all 10 years are covered;
- export of the studies used in this workspace in the PLA format: https://www.multicharts.com/trading-sof ... PLA_Format;
- export of data in QMD for the symbols in your charts: https://www.multicharts.com/trading-sof ... rting_Data;
- screenshots to illustrate the issue with the differences highlighted.
Also it would be great if you described the issue in more detail.

Fattyflathead

Postby Fattyflathead » 20 Aug 2019

Thanks Anna i will try it offline, to try and explain in more detail if i put in 10 years of history to backtest the strategy only shows one year in annual period analysis -see enclosed screenshots.

Anna MultiCharts

Postby Anna MultiCharts » 20 Aug 2019

Fattyflathead,

Are there any trades that happened prior to 2019? Please open the list of trades in the trade analysis section of the report to check that.

Fattyflathead

Postby Fattyflathead » 21 Aug 2019

Thanks Anna , there are no trades prior to 2019 (actually only shows a few weeks it seems ) and i tried a different strategy and the same thing occurs ,must be some small setting that i have wrong somewhere.

Return to “MultiCharts”