MULTICHARTS 14.0 BETA 1

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Henry MultiСharts

MULTICHARTS 14.0 BETA 1

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 20 Aug 2019

MultiCharts 14.0 Beta 1 is available for download now (64-bit build 18735)!

Featuring the Volume Profile drawing tool, faster Volume Profile built out of minute/daily data, Historical Data Downloader and many other usability and stability improvements!

This Beta version is featured as a separate product with isolated application/ database/ study folders. You can have this Beta installed alongside your main MultiCharts64 installation to fully test all of the new features without affecting your current version. Use our Backup and Restore apps to easily move your user data between the products.

Check our blog for the complete list of all new features and improvements in this version.

>>> Go to MultiCharts 12.0 Beta 1 download page <<<

LRP

Re: MULTICHARTS 14.0 BETA 1

Postby LRP » 22 Aug 2019

Thanks a lot guys for this great update, you rocks!

Smoky

Postby Smoky » 23 Aug 2019

Finaly a big step forward for auto trading , congratulations !

"""On top of that one can now check the complete order’s life cycle in a graphical form to understand how the system and the broker have processed the specific order."" how to see this ?

Extended GetAppInfo command with a new attribute value “CalcReason_UserClosePosition”.
meen PL now can know when human user close a position ? Great !

mickatrade

Postby mickatrade » 24 Aug 2019

Thank you for this great update, the volume profile tool is what i was waiting for.

Anna MultiCharts

Postby Anna MultiCharts » 27 Aug 2019

Hello, Smoky!
"""On top of that one can now check the complete order’s life cycle in a graphical form to understand how the system and the broker have processed the specific order."" how to see this ?
Right-click on an order in the Order and Position Tracker -> Orders and select “Show order in history browser”.
“Extended GetAppInfo command with a new attribute value “CalcReason_UserClosePosition”.
meen PL now can know when human user close a position ? Great !”
This is done for Portfolio Trader specifically. When one closes a position by clicking on a red cross in the Forward Performance Testing/Portfolio Real-time Auto Trading window -
Portfolio Real-time Auto Trading window.png
(26.8 KiB) Downloaded 1838 times
- this action now forces an additional recalculation of the strategy to display the change in position in this window timely without having to wait for another scheduled calculation (on bar close). This is helpful when one uses low-volatile symbols and it takes time to wait for another tick.
This (CalcReason_UserClosePosition) attribute allows for finding out the reason for the recalculation – GetAppInfo(aiCalcReason) will return 7 if the strategy was recalculated due to the described above reason.

dahmen walter

Postby dahmen walter » 29 Aug 2019

Hello Henry,
This Beta version is featured as a separate product with isolated application/ database/ study folders. You can have this Beta installed alongside your main MultiCharts64 installation to fully test all of the new features without affecting your current version.
How to reach a parallel use? I have to enter my registration info and then I get the following info:

This MultiCharts account is already connected on a different machine. Do you want to terminate the other session and complete the authorization for this machine?

Of course I will not terminate my current session.

Is there a way to circumvent this?

tcat

Postby tcat » 29 Aug 2019

Hello,

I am getting about 10 applications errors for which I have dump or error messages being sent to the dev team.

Otherwise, I have also noticed the following issue: If the instrument of a chart window is hidden (set to "hide"), the backfilling of the instrument doesn't happen and the indicators aren't displayed when loading up MC.

Thierry

Anna MultiCharts

Postby Anna MultiCharts » 29 Aug 2019

Hello, Walter!

One license can still be used only in one MultiCharts in Online mode at a time, this hasn’t changed. You can run the other one in Offline as described here:
https://www.multicharts.com/trading-sof ... _same_time
Or you can use them in Online one at a time.

Hello Henry,
This Beta version is featured as a separate product with isolated application/ database/ study folders. You can have this Beta installed alongside your main MultiCharts64 installation to fully test all of the new features without affecting your current version.
How to reach a parallel use? I have to enter my registration info and then I get the following info:

This MultiCharts account is already connected on a different machine. Do you want to terminate the other session and complete the authorization for this machine?

Of course I will not terminate my current session.

Is there a way to circumvent this?

dahmen walter

Postby dahmen walter » 29 Aug 2019

One license can still be used only in one MultiCharts in Online mode at a time, this hasn’t changed.
My erroneous interpretation was beta can be used in parallel for testing on the same machine at the same time.
I will check the changes during the weekend.

Thank You for the clarification

CrazyNasdaq

Postby CrazyNasdaq » 30 Aug 2019

Hi to all,
This morning I've installed MC 64 14.0 Open Beta 1 and I've decided to change the Database directories and StudyServer Directories to a different SSD, but I recieve always this message even if I'm the only administrator and only user of the PC
There is no way to change directories.
Anyone who knows to solve this ?
Thanks in advance

Anna MultiCharts

Postby Anna MultiCharts » 30 Aug 2019

Hello, CrazyNasdaq!

It is required to run MultiCharts as Administrator in order to change the directories.
You might also need to check the permissions for the directory where you’re planning to store the databases. The instructions of how to set up permissions are available over the Internet, for example:
https://www.laptopmag.com/articles/take ... e-explorer
Hi to all,
This morning I've installed MC 64 14.0 Open Beta 1 and I've decided to change the Database directories and StudyServer Directories to a different SSD, but I recieve always this message even if I'm the only administrator and only user of the PC
There is no way to change directories.
Anyone who knows to solve this ?
Thanks in advance

pablo gonzalez vidal

Postby pablo gonzalez vidal » 31 Aug 2019

Hello,

I miss in portfolio trader that you can create sub-portfolio and that you can see the statistics of each sub-portfolio and its correlation between them.

it would be a really interesting option when creating complex portfolios.

Thanks

fibdax

Postby fibdax » 31 Aug 2019

i have directa broker and I would like to know if the plugin for version 12 is available in version 14. I installed the backup but it tells me that it cannot be loaded
thanks
Attachments
Cattura.JPG
(42.14 KiB) Downloaded 1667 times

fibdax

Postby fibdax » 01 Sep 2019

same page opened with mc 14 and mc 12 different results see gif
Attachments
CL MC14.JPG
(272.13 KiB) Downloaded 1623 times
cl mc12.JPG
(294.42 KiB) Downloaded 1623 times

Anna MultiCharts

Postby Anna MultiCharts » 03 Sep 2019

Hello, tcat!

Unfortunately this is a bug of the beta version. The fix will be available in the release version.
Hello,

I am getting about 10 applications errors for which I have dump or error messages being sent to the dev team.

Otherwise, I have also noticed the following issue: If the instrument of a chart window is hidden (set to "hide"), the backfilling of the instrument doesn't happen and the indicators aren't displayed when loading up MC.

Thierry

Anna MultiCharts

Hello, fibdax!

Directa is not one of the supported data providers and brokers. It is not supplied with the platform.
You need to contact Directa to find out if they are planning to update their plugins for MultiCharts 14.
i have directa broker and I would like to know if the plugin for version 12 is available in version 14. I installed the backup but it tells me that it cannot be loaded
thanks

Anna MultiCharts

Hello, Pablo!

What do you mean by “sub-portfolio”? Don’t the possibility to insert numerous different strategies with their own set of symbols and the breakdown by symbols part of the portfolio report meet your need?
Please describe what you’d like to do in a separate forum thread.
Hello,

I miss in portfolio trader that you can create sub-portfolio and that you can see the statistics of each sub-portfolio and its correlation between them.

it would be a really interesting option when creating complex portfolios.

Thanks

fibdax

Postby fibdax » 04 Sep 2019

Hello, fibdax!

Directa is not one of the supported data providers and brokers. It is not supplied with the platform.
You need to contact Directa to find out if they are planning to update their plugins for MultiCharts 14.
thanks
and the chart which is not the same is a fact of setting or bug?

kagein

Postby kagein » 04 Sep 2019

Is the new TT api supported in this version?

Anna MultiCharts

Postby Anna MultiCharts » 05 Sep 2019

Fibdax,

Our engineers confirmed that this is a bug. Please don’t duplicate your queries, they are analyzed in an orderly fashion.
Hello, fibdax!

thanks
and the chart which is not the same is a fact of setting or bug?

Anna MultiCharts

Postby Anna MultiCharts » 05 Sep 2019

Hello, kagein!

It’s not present in the Beta version. We’re still working on it.
Is the new TT api supported in this version?

Shaman

Postby Shaman » 07 Sep 2019

Thank you for this great update!
You are the best!!!

tcat

Postby tcat » 13 Sep 2019

- True/false conditions are not correctly managed. After moving from "if xxx then plotPB" to "if conditionName then plotPB" the indicator compiles fine but doesn't apply the PB rules. Can't disclose the code, but that should be trivial to reproduce.

- Also: Check the link to "simple instructions".......as the following statement appears when posting an item in the forum.
Submitting Ideas and Reporting Bugs Notification. The discussion forum is a great place to research topics that interest you, get answers for questions, and meet with other users. However, if you want to be sure that your feature request or bug report are investigated, please submit them to the Project Management section of our site by following simple instructions. If you want to receive input from other users, or from MultiCharts technical support staff, indicate your PM number of your issue in the topic you create on the forum. Also, if a forum topic exists describing your PM issue, make sure you add a link to the topic in the description field of your report/request.
Please check

Thierry

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 20 Sep 2019

- True/false conditions are not correctly managed. After moving from "if xxx then plotPB" to "if conditionName then plotPB" the indicator compiles fine but doesn't apply the PB rules. Can't disclose the code, but that should be trivial to reproduce.
Hello Thierry,

We were unable to replicate this behavior on our end. Here you can check the video we've captured. Make sure you are running both MultiCharts and PowerLanguage Editor as the same user (either as administrator or as a regular user). If it still happens on your end - please come to the live chat to demonstrate it remotely.
- Also: Check the link to "simple instructions"
Thanks for noticing it. we will have it corrected.

Smoky

Postby Smoky » 30 Sep 2019

Quote Manager 14.0 is great with historical download, it should be perfect with a daily schedule to flush cached data to database

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 30 Sep 2019

Quote Manager 14.0 is great with historical download, it should be perfect with a daily schedule to flush cached data to database
Thanks for your feedback. This is something we may add in one of the future versions.

Smoky

Postby Smoky » 01 Oct 2019

@Henry, it's urgent because in production 24/24 5/7 if something wrong happen you can loose one week of datas who was already collected from the broker...and you have only a weekend to rebuild your quotes databases,

wzero

Postby wzero » 01 Oct 2019

I also see some Day bar will be lost for all Cryptos which have 7 trading day a week.
@Henry, it's urgent because in production 24/24 5/7 if something wrong happen you can loose one week of datas who was already collected from the broker...and you have only a weekend to rebuild your quotes databases,

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 01 Oct 2019

I also see some Day bar will be lost for all Cryptos which have 7 trading day a week.
wzero, please provide more information regarding the specific issue you have. Under what circumstances do you have data loss? Which data provider and instrument do you use?

wzero

Postby wzero » 02 Oct 2019

Use LMAX XBT/USD for exmple. By default its trading session is from 17:05 - 17:00 Sunday to Saturday. It displays less than 7 Day bars a week (mouse over Day bars to test it). If I change its trading session to 7/24 or manually change it to 0;00 - 0:00 Sunday to Saturday, it would display all Dar bars, 7 bars a week..
wzero, please provide more information regarding the specific issue you have. Under what circumstances do you have data loss? Which data provider and instrument do you use?

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 02 Oct 2019

Use LMAX XBT/USD for exmple. By default its trading session is from 17:05 - 17:00 Sunday to Saturday. It displays less than 7 Day bars a week (mouse over Day bars to test it). If I change its trading session to 7/24 or manually change it to 0;00 - 0:00 Sunday to Saturday, it would display all Dar bars, 7 bars a week..
This is not something that is related to Flush Cache functionality.
You just need to configure the symbol sessions correctly.

wzero

Postby wzero » 02 Oct 2019

17:05 - 17:00 should have the same Day bar number as 0:00 - 0:00. And this issue only happens for symbols have 7 trading days per week. For 5 trading day symbols, they have the same Day bar number.

Smoky

Postby Smoky » 03 Oct 2019

@Henry
Thanks for your feedback. This is something we may add in one of the future versions.
in waiting your dev team i made a Autohotkey script to Flush QM14.

Code: Select all

WinGet, active_id, ID, MultiCharts64 QuoteManager
WinActivate, ahk_id %active_id%

SendInput {Ctrl Down}{b Down}
Sleep 50
SendInput {b Up}{Ctrl Up}

Sleep 1000

WinMinimize, ahk_id %active_id%
with timer to flush at 23:00

Code: Select all

#Persistent
SetTimer, TimeCheck, 3600000 ; check every hour
return

TimeCheck:
If (A_Hour=23)

WinGet, active_id, ID, MultiCharts64 QuoteManager
WinActivate, ahk_id %active_id%

SendInput {Ctrl Down}{b Down}
Sleep 50
SendInput {b Up}{Ctrl Up}

Sleep 1000

WinMinimize, ahk_id %active_id%

return
add to my scripts
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=51500&p=129670#p129670

syswizard

Postby syswizard » 14 Oct 2019

Will the new Volume Profile work on tick charts or are there limitations ?

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 15 Oct 2019

Hello syswizard,

Both the drawing and the “classic” Volume Profile can be built out of minute and daily data now (which is faster than using ticks), without losing the ability of the in-depth volume analysis using the tick data.

syswizard

Postby syswizard » 15 Oct 2019

So is that a YES or a NO ? I don't really care about the speed aspect.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 16 Oct 2019

So is that a YES or a NO ? I don't really care about the speed aspect.
Volume Profile works on tick charts.

syswizard

Postby syswizard » 16 Oct 2019

Does this release support "footprint charts" ?

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 17 Oct 2019

Does this release support "footprint charts" ?
Volume Delta is available since MultiCharts 8.5.

syswizard

Postby syswizard » 17 Oct 2019

How is it invoked ? Can it be customized at all ?

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 17 Oct 2019

How is it invoked ? Can it be customized at all ?
This question is not related to MULTICHARTS 14.0 BETA 1. Please create a separate thread if you have any further questions after reading the wiki: https://www.multicharts.com/trading-sof ... lume_Delta

Smoky

Postby Smoky » 04 Nov 2019

""MultiCharts 12.0 Release 8

Improved the platform operation speed when handling a lot of drawing objects.
Fixed the bug with the platform freezing when zooming in/out the charts with a lot of tick data and drawings. ""

Now working very well and fast, please add it on Beta MC 14

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 05 Nov 2019

""MultiCharts 12.0 Release 8

Improved the platform operation speed when handling a lot of drawing objects.
Fixed the bug with the platform freezing when zooming in/out the charts with a lot of tick data and drawings. ""

Now working very well and fast, please add it on Beta MC 14
These updates are already in MC 14 Beta 1.

Smoky

Postby Smoky » 05 Nov 2019

Great Henry, but working slowly on MC beta 14, and i have this popup .

Attachments
fast roll charts.PNG
(6.29 KiB) Downloaded 14 times

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 06 Nov 2019

Great Henry, but working slowly on MC beta 14, and i have this popup .

UI Checker alert can appear due to the following reasons related to the PC performance:
1. MultiCharts is launched on a slow PC and the CPU is not capable of processing all MultiCharts commands in time. Therefore, there are delays with the command executions that are logged by the system.
2. Overall system load is approaching its limits, because the CPU cannot timely address the requests from all programs which leads to the system delays.
3. MultiCharts and its processes consume almost all system resources which leads to delayed execution of internal MultiCharts commands.
4. Antivirus is scanning the system which lowers the overall computer's productivity.
5. Windows is downloading or installing the updates.
6. Any combination of the above-mentioned reasons is found.

What actions can be taken?
1. Upgrade your hardware.
2. Decrease the number of MultiCharts and Portfolio Trader instances opened at a time; close excessive charts, scanners and other MultiCharts windows; decrease the data range on your charts, in the scanner and portfolio; decrease the number of autotrading charts; have only one Order and Position Tracker window open.
3. Exit all other applications/programs while MultiCharts is running to lower the load on the CPU and disc.
4. Wait for the antivirus to finish its checking or disable it completely.
5. Wait for the Windows download or installation to finish.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 07 Nov 2019

Return to “MultiCharts”