One stock has only 1 daily bar and 1 weekly bar  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
bowlesj3

One stock has only 1 daily bar and 1 weekly bar

Postby bowlesj3 » 27 Aug 2019

Hi, as always MC is great which is one reason why I think this might be an IB problem but I thought I would mention it here.

When displayed on a 7 chart workspace using a scanner window of 79 stocks one Stock symbol ASR on the TSX exchange (Toronto) has 30 days of 30 minute bar data yet the daily bars shows only 1 bar and the weekly bars also shows only 1 bar. I added the stock through the quote manager using my standard automated key strokes procedure and have double checked the entry. It is no different than the other stocks which do not have this problem. I am about to call IB. Might anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks,
John

bowlesj3

Re: One stock has only 1 daily bar and 1 weekly bar

So I went ahead and contacted Interactive Brokers technical support. We verified that TWS could get the daily bars. I attached the pictures of the TWS daily bars and the picture of the MultiCharts Weekly, daily and 30 minute bars. The support person had me set the TWS API Message Log file to show the detail. I then switched in and out of the ASR symbols charts and after that shipped the logs up to him. He could not find any errors. I included the quote manage settings for this ASR stock. The settings are the same for all the stocks in the scanner list. The other thing I just thought of. The quote manage log shows no errors.

I could remove this stock but I figure it is better to find the cause. MC64 is V11 15808.
Attachments
ASR_QuoteManager.png
(98.59 KiB) Downloaded 139 times
ASR_TWS_DailyBars.png
(96.06 KiB) Downloaded 139 times
ASR_problem.png
(196.32 KiB) Downloaded 139 times

Anna MultiCharts

Re: One stock has only 1 daily bar and 1 weekly bar

Postby Anna MultiCharts » 27 Aug 2019

Hello, bowlesj3!

Have you tried reloading your daily and weekly charts in MultiCharts? Ctrl+R

bowlesj3

Re: One stock has only 1 daily bar and 1 weekly bar  [SOLVED]

Have you tried reloading your daly and weekly charts in MultiCharts? Ctrl+R
Your a pure genius Anna :-) It worked. I never thought of that because I had never seen any data before (it is a new symbol I just put in and a few of the other new symbols never had this problem). I have used that function probably a hundred times but only after I had seen the proper charts before. Cool. I will have to remember this. Thanks, John

Return to “MultiCharts”