Error importing indicators  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
hysteresis

Error importing indicators  [SOLVED]

Postby hysteresis » 13 Sep 2019

This issue is a bit old but here is the two errors I got when I import indicators.
The first is from windows and it states( I can not get a screen shot):
"Do you want to allow the following program from an unknown publisher to make changes to this computer?"
I answer yes.

The compiling continues and I get this error message. I have attached a pic. It says it cannot find libiconv-2.dll.
The script is imported and the same error occurs when I open it up in the editor and try to compile.

FYI, I believe my Windows 10 home edition automagically updated last night.

Is there a fix? I noted one comment that suggested opening up the Power Language Editor as Administrator. Not exactly a fix but not sure what file is the power editor.
Attachments
Compile error.PNG
(18.08 KiB) Downloaded 173 times

hysteresis

Re: Error importing indicators

Postby hysteresis » 14 Sep 2019

Update.
Not sure what cured the issue but the problem has gone away. I am wondering if it might be a memory problem.
All the best.

MechTrader

Re: Error importing indicators

Postby MechTrader » 12 Oct 2019

I had this same problem and I solved it by running PowerLanguage Editor as Administrator and compiling the indicator to allow whatever was failing to install to do so (there was a permission prompt for g++ running in normal mode). After compiling in Administrator mode, I closed the program, restarted in normal mode and found I could compile without issue.

Return to “MultiCharts”