No IB daily bar data?

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
bowlesj3

No IB daily bar data?

Postby bowlesj3 » 31 Oct 2019

Hi,

On two stocks I chose to track for today I have noticed that the daily bar data for both stocks has no data for today yet the minute bar data and the seconds bar data does have data for today. I am using Interactive Brokers Data. MC is 64 bit Version 11 build 15808. Interactive brokers is the latest stable build (maybe one back from that). I have done ctrl+alt+f on the interactive brokers to ensure that all data servers are sending data and they are all showing green on that popup screen so that seems okay. In MC I have done ctrl+r on the daily bar charts of both stocks and they continue to not show today's real time data.

I have seen this before but only on certain stocks. I suppose I should write a script to point it out to me on the stocks I have selected for the trading day. In other words write out GVs of the current price for all charts and test them in MS-Access for differences or maybe just test the last bar on chart dates.

Various questions arise. Has this issue been reported before? Last time I thought an issue was IB and I spend time with them only to find ctrl+r fixed it in MC. This time ctrl+r is not fixing it. Does this mean this issue is likely to be an IB problem?

I attached an image of the stock that shows the biggest price difference between yesterdays EOD price and the current real time price. This big difference is how I noticed it. The other one has a much smaller price difference and my eyes are less likely to notice it. So I think this problem has been going for a while and I am just becoming aware of the details of it now. In other words in the past I probably just did not realize the daily bars were not getting any real time data at all for the day.

Thanks,
John
Attachments
CPG.png
(447.03 KiB) Downloaded 47 times

bowlesj3

Re: No IB daily bar data?

Postby bowlesj3 » 31 Oct 2019

Took a while. I just thought to pull up the chart for that symbol in Traders Work station to show the daily bars. They are showing the current real time data. Therefore that suggests to me that this might be a Mutlcharts problem.

Return to “MultiCharts”