IB Auto restart

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Smoky

IB Auto restart

Postby Smoky » 19 Dec 2019

i use TWS 978.1g with Auto restart ON at 23:55 and all works well from IB for autotrading 24/24 5/7.

BUT when this IB Auto resart take more than 2 minutes, MC12 Autotrading SA green button turn in grey and put autotrading OFF !

I don't want MC12 to stop autotrading ! Why MC12 do this ?

My PL stategies manage very well data disconnection but my stategies have to RUN to manage opened position on reconnection, if MC12 turn OFF autotrading, Multicharts kill my PL code.

On first reconected tick my PL code manage open position to close open position on lost trade ,( no need complex backfill, computation, only a new price) and if my autotrading stategies are OFF Nothing can append !

Maybe a workaround (another) with MC14 with great button to make autotradingON on all charts, BUT always the same thing, impossible to manage it from PL code.)

First click on autotrading all charts button, click on excecute button, and click again on every popup button to enable each charts LoL. how i can do this from my PL code ? Even with autohotkey i can't do, no shortkey input, no command line input or PL code.

Quotemanager reconnect very well, indicators as well, i can put code in indicators to make autotradingON again ....

Complex but i thing the best way is that MC don't turn OFF autotrading ...(Never, never by himself, if I want to do i will do myself or by my automation) easy from code we have PL code

Code: Select all

Abort;

Svetlana MultiCharts

Re: IB Auto restart

Postby Svetlana MultiCharts » 23 Dec 2019

Hello, Smoky,

Please increase “Disconnect the broker profile (stop auto trading) in N seconds after TB TWS is logged off” timeout in IB broker profile settings:
https://www.multicharts.com/trading-sof ... gs_section

Smoky

Postby Smoky » 23 Dec 2019

-1 or Zero value In the time combo for "Never" should be nice ...

Because when yours signals use drawing tools all drawing objets are delete when MC switch to auto trading off....

jek

Postby jek » 15 Jan 2020

I'm using 978.1h TWS and I find that even when just charting and not trading things will get strange during the restart. MC will bring up a dialog asking if you are using the tws.exe application or the web interface. It will stick there until you finally notice it. All the while, there is some increase in memory going on such that if you wait too long to return to the dialog, all memory on the machine will slowly be consumed. Anyone else see this? Should I create a different topic?
Last edited by jek on 16 Jan 2020, edited 1 time in total.

Smoky

Postby Smoky » 15 Jan 2020

@Jek

i don't have this dialog. But my script start first TWS, Quotamanger and then MC12.

i don't use Lauch TWS in IB setup configuration. But when TWS restart i'm not on market...

Attachments
ib setup.PNG
(22 KiB) Not downloaded yet

Svetlana MultiCharts

Postby Svetlana MultiCharts » 22 Jan 2020

I'm using 978.1h TWS and I find that even when just charting and not trading things will get strange during the restart. MC will bring up a dialog asking if you are using the tws.exe application or the web interface. It will stick there until you finally notice it. All the while, there is some increase in memory going on such that if you wait too long to return to the dialog, all memory on the machine will slowly be consumed. Anyone else see this? Should I create a different topic?
Please refer to this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=52376&p=134257#p134257

Return to “MultiCharts”