restore singals after re-install windows

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Shaman

restore singals after re-install windows

Postby Shaman » 20 Dec 2019

Hi!

I have reinstalled windows. Then I installed the MC and indicated in the settings the path to the old D:\studyserver directory, because it contains many of my functions and signals.

But the MC stubbornly does not see them.

Question1 - did I have to create an export file of all my developments before installing windows and then import it in a new MC?
Question2 - how can I quickly add all my developments now? Because creating them by copying to the PE editor window is a very long time, and I could be wrong.

I was sure that earlier I just copied the *.el file to the folder with the Strategies and the PE editor automatically started to see new files.

Anna MultiCharts

Re: restore singals after re-install windows

Postby Anna MultiCharts » 24 Jan 2020

Hello, Shaman!

I’ve sent you the recommendations on this matter by email earlier, but let me address your questions here as well for they may be useful for other members of our community too.
But the MC stubbornly does not see them
1. Make sure that the studies containing folder is located in the exact same place where you expect it to be: D:\ StudyServer\Studies\
2. Start the correct MultiCharts (32- or 64-bit).
3. Go File -> Preferences -> Directories.
4. Specify the path for the Studies to D:\ StudyServer\
5. Press OK.
6. Start PowerLanguage Editor.
You may receive the following message: "No write permissions to directory d:/StudyServer set permissions automatically? No button will close the application"
7. Click “Yes”.

Answer 1: We recommend to backup your files just in case before reinstalling Windows so that you don’t lose your progress: https://www.multicharts.com/trading-sof ... pplication

Answer 2: After the fresh MultiCharts installation the studies will be found in the default directory: C:\ProgramData\TS Support\your version of MultiCharts\StudyServer\
You can open that directory and rename the Studies folder, then copy your studies from D:\StudyServer\ there. Double-check that the path is correct.

Return to “MultiCharts”