Text not displaying on 2 pixel bar spacing  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
bowlesj3

Text not displaying on 2 pixel bar spacing

Postby bowlesj3 » 24 Dec 2019

Hi,

I have a reasonably simple script which runs on the 1 minute bars which displays the number of minutes of gap between bars for slow trading stocks. It also displays some summary counts at the last bar on chart at days end. I just noticed that if I have the pixels between bars set to 2 it does not display the text for any symbols. If I have the pixels set to 3 it displays the text for select symbols. If I have the pixel gap set to 4 or larger it displays the text for all symbols. What seems strange is the fact that another script displays text but it does not have this issue.

This issue occurs on a chart that is linked to a scanner list of stocks. This issue only occurs when I step to another stock. using the scanner list. So when I first bring the scanner up it will display the text even if the pixels is set to 2. Also if the pixels is set to 2 (resulting in no display of the text) and I turn the script off then back on it will display the text.

I was lucky to have accidentally discovered that the pixel gap was the cause. If I had not discovered that I probably would have spent hours trying to figure out what was wrong with my script with no solution found. Having said that it seems to be tied to my script in that the other script does not have this issue. The one difference with that other script is I change the background color to white or yellow while the text is black. I might try doing that with the problem script to see if it makes a difference. It is late Christmas Eve so I will do that another day.

If anyone has any thoughts I would love to hear them :-)

Thanks,
John

bowlesj3

Re: Text not displaying on 2 pixel bar spacing  [SOLVED]

Postby bowlesj3 » 31 Dec 2019

Today it seems to be working with the normal 2 pixel setting I use. Hopefully it is only a one time issue. If it occurs in the future I will put it in the bug tracker.

Return to “MultiCharts”