Question/Sugestion about the comming Radar Screen feature

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
moneymaker

Question/Sugestion about the comming Radar Screen feature

Postby moneymaker » 13 Jun 2008

Hi, I've read that the Radar Screen feature will be available in August.

At the moment I when the market is finished I scan the market (Nasdaq, NYSE, AMEX) compression daily - for some critereas. After the scanning I'm only interested in the found stocks (about 50) for the next day. On the next day I scan thouse again (1 min compression).

At the moment I need two programs for doing this - AB (with TC2000 daily quotes) and TS for the next day (realtime quotes). I need AB because TS has a restriction of 1000 symbols what you can watch at the same time. With other datavendors you can watch less symbols (IB has 100 I think).

It would be nice if I could use only Multichars for my trading. It should be possible to download EOD quotes (perhaps realtime quotes) for backfill, but not as it is like now that all symbols will be used, I mean symol after symbol so that more symbols (like the 1000 of TS) could be used for the first scanning.

Thanks

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 17 Jun 2008

Hi moneymaker,

MultiCharts scanner will work with both real-time and eod data.

We haven't tested the scanner for maximum capacity yet. We're pretty sure that with EOD data MC could scan over 1000 symbols. With real-time, we're not sure what the limit will be: data for all the symbols are stored in the memory and we're afraid that with lots and lots of symbols, 2 GB (which is a limitation of 32x systems) simply won't be enough.

Best regards.

moneymaker

Postby moneymaker » 17 Jun 2008

Thank you for the fast answer,

for better understanding for me... let's say I add the whole Nasdaq, NYSE and Amex daily quotes with-let's say Interactive Brokers datafeed- in the quotemanager for scanning. For the next day I need only 30 stocks for Radarscreen realtime (Interactive Brokers datafeed).

Can I do that with the comming Radarscreen feature?

Thank you

Hi moneymaker,

We haven't tested the scanner for maximum capacity yet. We're pretty sure that with EOD data MC could scan over 1000 symbols. With real-time, we're not sure what the limit will be: data for all the symbols are stored in the memory and we're afraid that with lots and lots of symbols, 2 GB (which is a limitation of 32x systems) simply won't be enough.

Best regards.

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 18 Jun 2008

for better understanding for me... let's say I add the whole Nasdaq, NYSE and Amex daily quotes with-let's say Interactive Brokers datafeed- in the quotemanager for scanning. For the next day I need only 30 stocks for Radarscreen realtime (Interactive Brokers datafeed).

Thank you

Hi moneymaker,

Best regards.
What you would need to do then is just add those 30 stocks into the Radar Screen and you'll be able to monitor them.

moneymaker

Postby moneymaker » 18 Jun 2008

WOW, that are really great news. Thank you

Thank you

Hi moneymaker,

Best regards.
What you would need to do then is just add those 30 stocks into the Radar Screen and you'll be able to monitor them.

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 19 Jun 2008

Hi moneymaker,

If you have any further questions or suggestions, just let me know.

Best regards.

Return to “MultiCharts”