"The Automated Order Execution mode has been turned off"

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
quod_erat

Postby quod_erat » 27 Mar 2020

I use Portfolio Trader to send auto-trading orders to IB. Today, the code generated signals to open/close positions around 5 pm (so outside RTH), but they were never executed by IB (and, I think -- though I'll have to look more closely -- were never received). When I checked the log, I saw the following message in Multicharts:

Does anyone know what this means, and how I can make sure it doesn't happen? TWS order presets are set to accept outside RTH orders, and the checkbox in Multichart's broker connection config also says to "Use outside RTH tag" for orders sent to IB.

Any help is much appreciated.

quod_erat

Re: "The Automated Order Execution mode has been turned off"

Postby quod_erat » 30 Mar 2020

Sort of a follow up here, and I'm not sure if it's an IB or a MC question. When I send orders into the after-hours market (post-4pm EST), orders don't get executed. IB seems to receive those orders, but when I look at the details (via the "Modify Order" function in IB), the checkbox to submit/execute after hours is not clicked on. Order presets in IB and in MC, though, both have those options checked.

Anna MultiCharts

Re: "The Automated Order Execution mode has been turned off"

Postby Anna MultiCharts » 01 Apr 2020

Hello quod_erat,

Please see the possible reasons of automated trading termination here:
https://www.multicharts.com/trading-sof ... to_Trading
Also it may be turned off if you use the options ‘Stop Autotrading if final status of an order is not received’ and ‘Stop Auto-trading after N rejected order’. If you use them, check the Order and Position Tracker -> Logs tab for any events as such.

If you still cannot find the explanation for the autotrading stop, please send us the logs for analysis from Help -> Feedback and specify the exact time when auto trading was stopped and on which symbol.

Return to “MultiCharts”