BugTracker & feature requests bug fix ideas

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
bowlesj3

BugTracker & feature requests bug fix ideas

Postby bowlesj3 » 07 Apr 2020

Hi I have to get to the questions/suggestions randomly and I bold the questions/suggestions.

I went looking in the bug tracker for an old old feature request I submitted which has not been put in MC 11. I wanted to add a comment to make sure it is understandable since it really is a great feature and come to think if it I feel it is a design flaw or a bit of a bug one might say. I could not find it since my list of bug tracker entries is too short. Is there a way to get the full list of bug tracker entries we have submitted?

Thanks to TS-Support. They actually put my feature request "Qchart like feature to snap trend lines to horizontal, vertical and 45 degrees" in MC12. I wish I knew. I would be more likely to upgrade. This gets back to some old feature requests I had about the bug tracker wishing the voting was a bit better and wishing we could get feature requests by email so we would be notified to vote on them. I also wish we could be notified by email of bug tracker entries we requested that have been put in (or maybe features we voted on).

For this issue see also the https://www.multicharts.com/pm/public/m ... es/MC-2643 with code MC-2643.
So since I can't find that feature request (or design flaw) (or bug), here it is again. It is not so much a problem for futures traders as it is for stock traders because the futures index price is much higher (1,000 +) where as stock prices are normally below 100 and they run into the same values as the RSI and %R which causes the problem (a significant confusion which is something that really should not be in a program as great as MC really is). The simplification: When the "Tracking Time and Price" feature is turned on, it should only be tracking price in the subchart where the pointer appears. So for example. If the stock price I am comparing is $55 with this bug I also see a horizontal line in the RSI at value 55 and in the %R at 55. So what I have ended up doing is only tracking time across charts and there are many times I would like to track price across charts. Now this change might be taken a step farther. "When the Tracking Time and Price" feature is turned on, it should only be tracking price in the subchart where price appears". I think this variant improvement is better since I can't think of any reason to compare RSI levels or %R levels across charts. Maybe Others can think of a reason to track levels of RSI or %R or whatever across charts.

Anyway, thanks for listening and thanks for this new bug fix feature which I am sure the great people who work at TS support will eventually put in.

John
Last edited by bowlesj3 on 08 Apr 2020, edited 1 time in total.

JoshM

Re: BugTracker & feature requests bug fix ideas

Postby JoshM » 08 Apr 2020

Is there a way to get the full list of bug tracker entries we have submitted?
Yes this is possible, although it involves several steps:

1. Go to an issue filed by you.
2. Click on the user name that's shown on the left ('Posted by' ... row).
3. That opens a small window with the user's info. Click on 'Show user details'.
4. That brings you to another small window with an overview of the user's recent activity. There click on the 'Show issues' button.
5. You're now on the page that shows all the issues filed by that person. :)

It seems that this page has an overview of all issues posted by you.

(I don't know about your other questions.)

bowlesj3

Postby bowlesj3 » 08 Apr 2020

Thanks JoshM, I followed your instructions and got it to work. Unfortunately there are actually less entries showing there than in the main list (see picks). So it appears the original suggestion/bug vanished from the database. I created a new bug tracker entry for it and set up links both in this forum post and the bug tracker entry to point at each other.

John
Attachments
Issues_Main.png
(146.88 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Issues_Hidden.png
(242.63 KiB) Not downloaded yet

Vlada MultiCharts

Postby Vlada MultiCharts » 13 Aug 2020

Hello,

I believe we already have the option you have described.
Please try to use Tracking Time option in View -> Tracking Settings.
The Tracking Time and Price mode replicates both Time and Price lines, and the Tracking Time mode replicates only the Time line.

bowlesj3

Postby bowlesj3 » 17 Aug 2020

Hello,

I believe we already have the option you have described.
Please try to use Tracking Time option in View -> Tracking Settings.
The Tracking Time and Price mode replicates both Time and Price lines, and the Tracking Time mode replicates only the Time line.
I just placed a big long comment in request https://www.multicharts.com/pm/public/m ... es/MC-2643 with code MC-2643. Hopefully it makes it clear. Maybe others could second this design fix.

Return to “MultiCharts”