Chart Trading Micro Gold Price Increment

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
cc64

Chart Trading Micro Gold Price Increment

Postby cc64 » 28 May 2020

Hi!

New to MultiCharts.

When i move my orders around on the chart while trading ES NQ the prices correspond to what is expected i.e. 3000.25 3000.50 etc... When trying to do this in MGC (Micro Gold Futures) the prices look like 1732.5461

They should move by .10 increments. This causes error messages with IB(Interactive Brokers) I was wondering where i need to go to fix this if possible.

TIA

Claude

JoshM

Re: Chart Trading Micro Gold Price Increment

Postby JoshM » 31 May 2020

Welcome to the forum. :)
They should move by .10 increments. This causes error messages with IB(Interactive Brokers) I was wondering where i need to go to fix this if possible.
You'd do that in the QuoteManager. There double-click on the MGC instrument you want to change. That opens a window with symbol settings. In the 'Settings' tab of that window there's a 'Price Scale' setting that configures with how many decimals the prices should plot.

For example:

Attachments
2020-05-31_13-27-59.png
(12.69 KiB) Not downloaded yet

cc64

Postby cc64 » 31 May 2020

Thanks Josh!

You've pointed me to the right place. I use IQFeed for market data and IB as a broker. They both use different symbols QMGCQ20 in IQ and MGCQ0 in IB. I've tried different decimal settings in both and it doesn't change anything in MC. Maybe i,m not using the right decimal settings? In MC chart trading it still moves in 1/1000 increments.

Any idea of what i'm doing wrong?

TIA

Claude

JoshM

Postby JoshM » 04 Jun 2020

Any idea of what i'm doing wrong?
Unfortunately I don't have MGC in my MultiCharts so cannot tell with certainty what the settings should be. Sorry for that.

Perhaps other MultiCharts users can chime in or support.

cc64

Postby cc64 » 04 Jun 2020

Hey Josh!

I finally found out how to do it. I looked at the M2K settings because they moce the same way...Never would have guessed

Price scale 1/10
Min. Movement 1
Big point Value(Whatever that is) 5?!?

Anyhow, it works!

Thanks again,

Claude

JoshM

Postby JoshM » 04 Jun 2020

Good to hear that you have it sorted! :)
Price scale 1/10
Min. Movement 1
Big point Value(Whatever that is) 5?!?
The 'big point value' is how much currency one full point of price movement is worth. For the Russell 2000 micro's that's indeed $5 dollar since they represent five times the Russell 2000 index.

But the MGC futures have 10 troy ounces as their underlying value, so one full point of price movement is worth $10. MultiCharts uses the big point value with reporting backtesting results and elsewhere, so if you see results that are off, you'll know what to change then. :)

Good luck!

Return to “MultiCharts”