Multidata conditions

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Jonny473

Multidata conditions

Postby Jonny473 » 14 Jun 2020

Hi,

I need some help regarding a condition status on multidata symbols.
So I came up with functions for RSI and Moving Average directly aiming at data2 (Daily).
The functions for data2 do work and the signal also does, so when I set up a chart with 2 datastreams for 5 min (data1) and Daily (data2) it works as supposed, only incorporating data2.
So when certain conditions are met according to data2 (Daily) I am assuming that the condition is valid from that specific (Daily) time on.
So once this daily (data2) condition is met I am trying to dig deeper into the 5 min chart (data1). What I don’t understand is that I am not able to define conditions for data1 now.
So for example data2 with a strategy using the RSI function at the bottom

Code: Select all

If…_RSIDaily crosses above 20…then…condition1
should trigger that condition for the upcoming day as the cross happened.
And I am assuming for that day when the cross happened I am able to look for more conditions on data1 5 min to define my signal more specific.
This doesnt work. The daily condition is only valid for the first bar intraday. But I want it to be valid for that whole day.

Can somebody help?

Code: Select all

inputs: Price( numericseries ), Length( numericsimple ) ; { this input assumed to be a constant >= 1 } variables: NetChgAvg( 0 ), TotChgAvg( 0 ), Change( 0 ), SF( 1 / Length ), { smoothing factor } ChgRatio( 0 ), // Added these variables for RSI Daily calculations DailyCnt( 0 ), FirstDailyPrice( 0 ), DailyPrice( 0 ), OldDailyPrice( 0 ), SumDailyPriceDiff( 0 ), HoldRSIDaily( 0 ), OldNetChgAvg( 0 ), OldTotChgAvg( 0 ) ; // Check Length if CurrentBar = 1 then begin if Length < 2 then RaiseRunTimeError( " Length must be > 1" ) ; end ; // Only make calculations on the closing bar ticks and date changes. // If the prior bar Date is not equal to the current bar Date and we // are on the closing tick of the bar, then we are on the closing tick // of the first bar. if Date[1] <> Date and BarStatus(1) = 2 then begin DailyCnt = DailyCnt + 1 ; // Get the first daily price. Note that we must wait for // two (2) date changes before recording the first daily price // for this calculation to line up with the built-in RSI calculation. if DailyCnt = 2 then FirstDailyPrice = Price[1] ; // Capture the prior values of key variables before updating them // with new daily price information. OldNetChgAvg = NetChgAvg ; OldTotChgAvg = TotChgAvg ; OldDailyPrice = DailyPrice ; DailyPrice = Price[1] ; Change = DailyPrice - OldDailyPrice ; // Sum the daily price changes for the initial calculations if DailyCnt >= 3 and DailyCnt <= Length + 2 then SumDailyPriceDiff = SumDailyPriceDiff + AbsValue( Change ) ; // Set initial values of the NetChgAvg and TotChgAvg if DailyCnt = Length + 2 then begin NetChgAvg = ( DailyPrice - FirstDailyPrice ) / Length ; TotChgAvg = SumDailyPriceDiff / Length ; end ; // Update the values for each new daily price once the initial // values are defined. if DailyCnt > Length + 2 then begin NetChgAvg = OldNetChgAvg + SF * ( Change - OldNetChgAvg ) ; TotChgAvg = OldTotChgAvg + SF * ( AbsValue( Change ) - OldTotChgAvg ) ; end ; // Adjust values and calculate the daily RSI if DailyCnt >= Length + 2 then begin if TotChgAvg <> 0 then ChgRatio = NetChgAvg / TotChgAvg else ChgRatio = 0 ; HoldRSIDaily = 50 * ( ChgRatio + 1 ) ; end ; end ; _RSIDaily = HoldRSIDaily ;

Tammy MultiCharts

Re: Multidata conditions

Postby Tammy MultiCharts » 24 Aug 2020

Hello Jonny473,

To be able to help you we need some additional information. Please switch MultiCharts to offline mode and reproduce your issue in a simplified environment on charts with Time Zone set to Exchange, then take a screenshot that shows the bar with incorrect calculation. Please specify what result you are expecting to see on that bar and why.

To investigate your issue on our end we will also need the following files:
1. The workspace where the issue is reproduced.
2. Export of used symbols (with data) from QuoteManager in .qmd archive: http://www.multicharts.com/trading-soft ... rting_Data
3. The exported scripts with all dependent functions that are used on the workspace: http://www.multicharts.com/trading-soft ... ng_Studies

Return to “MultiCharts”