backtest correlation.  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
matthewting

backtest correlation.

Postby matthewting » 26 Jun 2020

Dear MC support,
1.Can I backtest two instruments correlation coefficient to trade? such as I insert "aapl" in the chart , I want to know "AAPL" the correlation with "FB". if two instruments is inverse relation and "AAPL" price down, I will buy the "FB".
2. MC can existing the sub tab in the chart? that mean I open a lot of charts that confused me , I want to create a main tab( industy) which including a lot of sub tabs under it. such as I existing "technology"( main tab) including "AAPL/AMZN/GOOG"(sub tab) under the "technology" tab that convenient for me to check the charts.
THANK YOU.

JoshM

Re: backtest correlation.  [SOLVED]

Postby JoshM » 26 Jun 2020

1.Can I backtest two instruments correlation coefficient to trade? such as I insert "aapl" in the chart , I want to know "AAPL" the correlation with "FB". if two instruments is inverse relation and "AAPL" price down, I will buy the "FB".
This is possible in the Portfolio Trader but not on the chart. A chart can only trade one data series (the primary one). The other data series are only there to provide data. So on a AAPL chart you can trade AAPL, but not FB.
2. MC can existing the sub tab in the chart? that mean I open a lot of charts that confused me , I want to create a main tab( industy) which including a lot of sub tabs under it. such as I existing "technology"( main tab) including "AAPL/AMZN/GOOG"(sub tab) under the "technology" tab that convenient for me to check the charts.
As far as I know it's not possible to group windows in tabs, if I understand you correctly.

matthewting

Re: backtest correlation.

Postby matthewting » 26 Jun 2020

This is possible in the Portfolio Trader but not on the chart. A chart can only trade one data series (the primary one). The other data series are only there to provide data. So on a AAPL chart you can trade AAPL, but not FB.
As far as I know it's not possible to group windows in tabs, if I understand you correctly.
OK,got it, thank you.

Return to “MultiCharts”