Issue connecting to OANDA (in VPS)  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
meo

Issue connecting to OANDA (in VPS)

Postby meo » 26 Aug 2020

Hi,

I am able to connect to Oanda in my local machine.

However when I tried to connect with QuoteManager in my VPS (virtual machine in google cloud platform), I was unable to connect.
- When attempting to connect, the Oanda netlogon window appears, after i keyed in my credentials, the credential fields turn blank.
- I tried for a few attempts and recieved a rate limit message in the windows.

I tried enabling all ports in the vm windows firewall setting but to no avail. Could have done it wrongly. What is the port and IP being used to connect to Oanda, maybe I should try to whitelist it.

Attached the screen capture of the error.
Oanda Connection Error.JPG
(54.89 KiB) Not downloaded yet
oanda connection version.JPG
(26.12 KiB) Not downloaded yet

meo

Re: Issue connecting to OANDA (in VPS)

Postby meo » 27 Aug 2020

it might not be a firewall issue but more like a rate limit by Oanda. (blocked by cloudflare)
I tried calling Oanda via api calls in the vps, it works fine. Wondering if there are other protocols MC use to connect to Oanda which causes this.

Error 1015
The owner of this website (fxtrade.oanda.com) has banned you temporarily from accessing this website.

Cloudflare Ray ID: 5c9386490c9f00ae • Your IP: 35.185.115.18 • Performance & security by Cloudflare

meo

Re: Issue connecting to OANDA (in VPS)  [SOLVED]

Postby meo » 27 Aug 2020

Found the solution, in case other folks face the same issue.
Enhanced Internet Explorer Settings from Windows Server that caused the error. Removing it will solve that. :)

Return to “MultiCharts”