Dragging layers  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
biffhero

Dragging layers

Postby biffhero » 25 Sep 2020

I am a new user to MC. I have been comparing my MC charts to my TOS charts, so that the transition is smooth, and I am sure that all of my EL scripts match up with my TS scripts.

Today I kept having a problem where my ema lines weren't lining up properly with the price action.

After losing some hair, I found "Format, Scaling, Same as Instrument." That brought me back in line.

On that chart, the 1m chart, when I click and drag on the price scale, I'm trying to zoom everything at one time, but especially the candlesticks. On the same chart, when I use the hand and drag it, only that one indicator is dragged, not everything on the chart.

On my 5m chart, I can grab the price and drag it, but then the indicators don't drag as well.

Obviously, I'm missing something ... ok, ok, I went and opened the manual, and I found page 162, and it looks like the "reset scale" thing is interesting. But it still isn't quite right.

Oh, wait, I see that there are layers.... page 165. OK, so how do I collapse the layers so that they all move together, and all scale together when I work on the price bar?

Thanks,
Rob

TJ

Re: Dragging layers

Postby TJ » 25 Sep 2020

One thing you can explore:

right click on the chart,
a pop up window will show you the order of the layers.

You can experiment moving the instrument to either the top-most layer, or the bottom-most layer.

biffhero

Re: Dragging layers  [SOLVED]

Postby biffhero » 25 Sep 2020

That was it! Thank you.

For future new people.

1. Right click on the chart.
2. Select "Visual Order..."
3. On the window that appears, select the symbol.
4. Click on "Send to Back"
5. Click on Close

The dragging hand and the scale resizer work on the item that is on the backmost layer.

Return to “MultiCharts”