real time chart time scale off?

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
virginiatrader

real time chart time scale off?

Postby virginiatrader » 25 Jun 2008

To all:

I use Multicharts 3.0 with real time data from IB and historical data from Pinnacle Data in ASCII format. I track and trade gold, the 10y Note, crude oil, and the E-Mini S&P500 on five minute charts in real time. I use the same settings on my home PC and the one at work.

Yesterday, I noticed that the "time scale" on the real time charts was off by one hour on my home PC. I opened AB to check and found the problem only with MC. I have been used the MC 3.1 beta, so I uninstalled and reinstalled MC 3.0, with no success. Comparing AB and MC real time charts, the bars with OHLC are correct; however, the time is behind by one hour on MC.

Now at work, I have discovered the same issue, with AB and MC showing the bar information accurately, but the time scale is still off by one hour on MC. Admittedly, I am a constant tweaker of my software, but I cannot recall changing any setting that would have produced this result.

I am perplexed...any and all guidance and insight from the MC community is appreciated in advance.

Many regards,

virginiatrader

Geoff

Postby Geoff » 25 Jun 2008

Check Format Symbol, Settings tab TimeZone setting. Local will use the PC time zone and Exchange will use Central or Eastern as appropriate.

virginiatrader

Postby virginiatrader » 25 Jun 2008

Geoff:

Thanks muchly, sir! Worked as expected.

Many regards,

virginiatrader

Return to “MultiCharts”