Is there a way to rearrange inner windows?  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
cwelch

Is there a way to rearrange inner windows?

Postby cwelch » 20 Oct 2020

I sometimes want to shuffle inner windows but can't find anyway to do it. So I end up having to tear down or start from scratch.

Is there any way to rearrange the inner window order?

Thanks in advance!

Kate MultiCharts

Re: Is there a way to rearrange inner windows?

Postby Kate MultiCharts » 09 Dec 2020

Hello cwelch,

At the present moment you can rearrange windows through the main MultiCharts window -> Window menu -> Arrange All, Vertically, Horizontally, etc.

If above functions do not help you to achieve your goal please explain why in more details.

cwelch

Postby cwelch » 09 Dec 2020

No this isn't what I'm looking for.

I want to rearrange the inner windows, not the full display windows.

These are sub display areas within the window, E.g. used for indicator display when it isn't over-layed on the symbol data area.

Mydesign

Postby Mydesign » 10 Dec 2020

Hi,

You can just drag and drop indicators to change sub-charts orders, or you can edit indicator properties to set it to the desired sub-chart number (Format > Properites > Sub-Chart)

cwelch

Postby cwelch » 10 Dec 2020

That doesn't work. It requires the indicator to go into an existing subchart, which in my case already has an indicator. I don't want two indicators in the same subchart.

And there is no way to insert and indicator between two existing subcharts, it can only go at the top, bottom for a new subchart or into an existing sub chart.

So real simple example, I've got a subchart with a volume Avg study at the top, the next sub chart has the series and a third subchart has macd under the series sub chart. In summary:

Subchart #1: - Volume avg
Subchart #2: - Series
Subchart #3 - MACD

I want to easily move Subchart #1 underneath the series (sub chart #2).

I cannot do this with the Format. It only allows me to put it into an existing sub chart or at the bottom.

So to do this I have to delete subchart #3, create a new subchart #3 (bottom) with volume avg, delete subchart #1 and recreate the MACD at the bottom to get the order I'd like.

That is a lot of work. Is there not a simpler way to rearrange the subcharts?

Mydesign

Postby Mydesign » 11 Dec 2020

Well here I can drag an indicator and drop it in between 2 others... :roll:

Kate MultiCharts

Re: Is there a way to rearrange inner windows?  [SOLVED]

Postby Kate MultiCharts » 11 Dec 2020

That doesn't work. It requires the indicator to go into an existing subchart, which in my case already has an indicator. I don't want two indicators in the same subchart.

And there is no way to insert and indicator between two existing subcharts, it can only go at the top, bottom for a new subchart or into an existing sub chart.

So real simple example, I've got a subchart with a volume Avg study at the top, the next sub chart has the series and a third subchart has macd under the series sub chart. In summary:

Subchart #1: - Volume avg
Subchart #2: - Series
Subchart #3 - MACD

I want to easily move Subchart #1 underneath the series (sub chart #2).

I cannot do this with the Format. It only allows me to put it into an existing sub chart or at the bottom.

So to do this I have to delete subchart #3, create a new subchart #3 (bottom) with volume avg, delete subchart #1 and recreate the MACD at the bottom to get the order I'd like.

That is a lot of work. Is there not a simpler way to rearrange the subcharts?
cwelch,

You can drag and drop your subcharts to any place on the chart:

1. Position the mouse pointer over the indicator or the Status Line of the indicator to be moved.
2. Once the Pointer changes into a Hand, hold the left mouse button and drag the pointer to the required place on the chart.
3. Once the pointer changes into the Create New SubChart Subgraph symbol, release the mouse button to place it.

cwelch

Postby cwelch » 11 Dec 2020

Perfect, that is exactly what I was looking for!

Thanks for this!

Mydesign

Postby Mydesign » 11 Dec 2020

Glad for you !

Return to “MultiCharts”