AutoTrade Problem MC 3.1.1353.400

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
SUPER

AutoTrade Problem MC 3.1.1353.400

Postby SUPER » 25 Jun 2008

I have just downloaded latest MC (3.1.1353.400) and for some reason I keep getting error message " Security is not available or allowed for this account" whenever a new order is generated. From TWS screenshot one can see that symbol is available for trading.
Attachments
M-1.JPG
(78.78 KiB) Downloaded 450 times

SUPER

please ignore my earlier post, it seems I had selected wrong exchange, CME instead of Globed in broker settings.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

SUPER

It seems there is some problem with DAX symbol, attached please find screen shots concerning this perticular symbol.

Any suggestions please.
Attachments
M-3.JPG
(99.93 KiB) Downloaded 455 times

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 26 Jun 2008

Hi Super,

Regarding the @FDAX symbol:

In QuoteManager -> Description add EUR and a space before the description.

If it doesn't help, please let me know.

Regards.

SUPER

Postby SUPER » 27 Jun 2008

Marina,

Thanks for your suggestion, some improvement in sense, atleast name of symbol is seen in the warning message however trades are not being executed. Please have a look at attached message

Regards
Super
Attachments
m-4.JPG
(101.12 KiB) Downloaded 447 times

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 27 Jun 2008

Hi Super,

Please contact our customer support representatives via LiveChat at http://messenger.providesupport.com/mes ... pport.html and they will help you to set the symbols for auto trading on-line.

Best regards.

SUPER

Postby SUPER » 10 Jul 2008

Marina,

With help from your Online Support team I was able to resolve problems I was facing.

Changing exchange setting in QuoteManager to DTB seems to have resoved the problem.

The interesting thing to note here is that the TS uses Eurex Exchange for @FDAX and one would naturally use this exchange settings in QuoteManager, since you are receiving data from TS. However with new MC build one has to manually change exchange to DTB for it to work in autotrade mode. I can not recollect having this problem with earlier version of MC.

I will appreciate if you can have a relook at this issue as it may create problems where Exchange of data provider is a different from the traded exchage.

Kind regards

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 11 Jul 2008

Hi Super,

To trade a symbol via IB, you need to specify the exchange for this symbol as provided by IB not by the provider. For autotrading, the data provider's exchange doesn't matter. What does matter, though, is the broker's exchange. To match the symbol on the chart to the symbol traded in IB, we created the symbol dictionary.

Regards.

Return to “MultiCharts”