New release does not handle indicators and backfilling

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
drwar

New release does not handle indicators and backfilling

Postby drwar » 26 Jun 2008

With multiple data items inserted the backfilling feature gets confused
and attempts to start the indicators before data is fully loaded . This gives
an error which indicates that there is not enough series length ( which of course is false) for the indicator. The result is that the you shut off my indicators on any an all such charts in my workspaces.

Please fix this again.

J~

fs

Postby fs » 26 Jun 2008

This is actually not a new issue. This doesn't happen for just indicators, but for strategies as well. I have demonstrated this issue to TSSupport a couple of weeks ago via Live Support and have sent them my workspaces and strategies afterwards. Unfortunately, they haven't replied to my requests for a status update, so I don't know if they are looking into the issue.

drwar

Postby drwar » 26 Jun 2008

FS
I sent them his info months ago when they first came out with "Backfilling" feature which does absolutely nothing for us but cause problems.

J~

fs

Postby fs » 26 Jun 2008

When I demonstrated this a few weeks ago, the impression I got was that this was the first time they see this. If you have told them about this months ago and their lack of responses when I asked for a status update doesn't sound very promising to expect a fix for this anytime soon, if ever.

I agree about the backfilling feature just causing problems. I don't see the advantage of this. The charts are not usable until all the data is plotted anyway and are not available quicker than they were before this feature.

Marina Pashkova

Re: New release does not handle indicators and backfilling

Postby Marina Pashkova » 27 Jun 2008

With multiple data items inserted the backfilling feature gets confused
and attempts to start the indicators before data is fully loaded . This gives
an error which indicates that there is not enough series length ( which of course is false) for the indicator. The result is that the you shut off my indicators on any an all such charts in my workspaces.

Please fix this again.

J~
Hi Jerry,

We have reproduced this problem and our engineers are now working to fix it.

Regards.

randomname

Postby randomname » 13 Sep 2008

Is this bug ever going to be fixed? This is still a problem

Return to “MultiCharts”