MC14 Issue

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
GuppyDRV

MC14 Issue

Postby GuppyDRV » 03 Nov 2020

Hello all,

I recently upgraded to MC14 and have been experiencing some system issues. I’m posting after searching the forum with no luck.

First Issue: PowerLanguage Editor no longer interacts properly with live chart. An example would be after having made a code change and compiling said change the editor shows a successful compilation but the changes do not appear to propagate to the strategy on the chart. I’ve tried several iterations such as adding a new “Input” and they will not propagate to the strategy. If I close MC and then compile and then re-open MC all seems to work. This differs from MC12!

Second Issue: When live trading in SA mode no live trades are shown on chart. The historical trades are there and the live trades show in the position tracker etc.... but not on the chart. Additionally, there is no Trading Performance Report Available. I have tried everything I can think with no success. The check boxes in the chart trading window have no effect when checked or unchecked.

Lastly, I have been experimenting with the self Adaptive Trading and am liking what I’ve seen. Great job with this tool! I have a few questions regarding Variable assignments when the new input parameters are applied.

First: are existing variables maintained such that when the new inputs are applied all other values such as Array, stop loss, profit target (not the actual profit target or stop loss number but the peak or low from which they are calculated) etc.... remain intact or are they reset to initial state as if the strategy was newly applied to the chart.

Second: If the strategy is Long and the new optimization would have the strategy short will the engine reverse the position? Will this reversal be tied to the new entry which caused the reversal such that exit logic tied to the entry stays intact?

Thanks for the help!

GuppyDRV

Svetlana MultiCharts

Re: MC14 Issue

Postby Svetlana MultiCharts » 09 Dec 2020

Hi GuppyDRV,

Will it be possible for you to come to the live chat Monday-Friday from 6:00 AM till 1:00 PM ET to demonstrate the issues you described?
As for Self-Adaptive Trading, after optimization the strategy is recalculated with the new inputs from the begging of the entire data series.
The position is not closed. If after applying the new inputs the strategy generated the same orders as had been generated before applying the new inputs, then the orders remain. If after applying the new inputs the strategy generated the same orders, but with different parameters, then the orders will be modified or cancelled and replaced, depending on the broker.
It is recommend to test this feature in your environment using SIM account or Paper Trader broker profile to better understand how it works.

GuppyDRV

Re: MC14 Issue

Postby GuppyDRV » 10 Dec 2020

Yes,

That would be great. How do I go about registering etc.....

Thanks in advance.

GuppyDRV

Return to “MultiCharts”