Email Alert once signal is generated

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
kelvinhui9

Email Alert once signal is generated

Postby kelvinhui9 » 23 Nov 2020

Hello community,

I am writing to ask about email alert. Here is the scenario that I would like to achieve, for my current signal there may have buy + buytocover in the same bar, I would like to receive the alert once there is signal in the chart (30 mins resolution).

Let say 11:32 generated buy --> Send an email alert, 11:42 generated buytocover --> Send an email alert.

My email script as reference,

if position>0 and position[1]=0 then alert(text("buy @", NumtoStr(entry price,0)));
if position=0 and position[1]>1 then alert(text("close @", NumtoStr(exitprice(1),0)));

Previously I have IOG disabled, and calculate the email alert on bar close, it will only generate a signal only the 30 mins bar is closed. And in this case, it won't even send any signal as the position is 0 when the bar is closed.

I got some feedback that I should turn on IOG to receive alert once signal is generated. However I am not sure which alert condition check should I use. I have tried Every tick option and in that scenario, basically I receive an email alert every second. Should I use On bar close / Once per Bar in this scenario? Or should I modify the script in order to achieve the desired outcome?

Appreciate any thoughts and suggestions, thank you!

Return to “MultiCharts”