Indicator values in Scanner and Chart not match

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Mac Chen

Indicator values in Scanner and Chart not match

Postby Mac Chen » 28 Nov 2020

I've put a lot of instruments in Scanner windows and insert custom indicators to monitor status change. However, I've found that the indicator value is different in Scanner and Chart Windows. I've included a chart below. I've added "intrabarpersist" declaration to the indicator value. But it is not changed. What possible cause for that?
2020-11-28_23-52-09.png
(321.3 KiB) Not downloaded yet

TJ

Re: Indicator values in Scanner and Chart not match

Postby TJ » 28 Nov 2020

I've put a lot of instruments in Scanner windows and insert custom indicators to monitor status change. However, I've found that the indicator value is different in Scanner and Chart Windows. I've included a chart below. I've added "intrabarpersist" declaration to the indicator value. But it is not changed. What possible cause for that?

2020-11-28_23-52-09.png
Have you looked up the purpose and effect of intrabarpersist ?

What is your expectation?

Mac Chen

Postby Mac Chen » 01 Dec 2020

2020-11-28_23-52-09.png
Have you looked up the purpose and effect of intrabarpersist ?

What is your expectation?
From MC document, intrabarpersist will recalculate on every tick. However, my expectation is the indicator value should show the same values in both Scanner and Chart Windows. However, even the basic MC build-in MACD histogram indicator will show different results.

I expect to use Scanner Windows to find trade opportunities from my watchlist. But with these discrepancies, makes Scanner almost useless. Am I miss something or any way to fix this?

JoshM

Postby JoshM » 01 Dec 2020

Am I miss something or any way to fix this?
Does the instrument in the market scanner window has the same start date and time as the chart has?

Several technical indicators are very sensitive to when the chart starts, because they use the previous bar value to calculate the current bar's value.

Mac Chen

Postby Mac Chen » 03 Dec 2020

Am I miss something or any way to fix this?
Does the instrument in the market scanner window has the same start date and time as the chart has?

Several technical indicators are very sensitive to when the chart starts, because they use the previous bar value to calculate the current bar's value.
Yes! It does match. Well, it does matter which timeframe I use. The scanner windows' data just goes wild. I can accept it has a minor difference since it needs time to rescan. However, there are some fixed numbers only change on the next bar. But the scanner windows still give you a crazy number. Here I create another example, chart, and indicator for reference.
Attachments
Squzee Pro Original.pla
(13.45 KiB) Downloaded 99 times
MC Scanner Problem.png
(171.84 KiB) Not downloaded yet

Return to “MultiCharts”