!From Broker to Strategy MP Synchronizer! + Rithmic  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Chartsurfer

!From Broker to Strategy MP Synchronizer! + Rithmic

Postby Chartsurfer » 16 Jan 2021

Hello everyone!

I am stuck with a problem concerning the !From Broker to Strategy MP Synchronizer! with Rithmic R|API+ (using the latest MC 14.2 release):

Over the last weeks I coded a custom trailing stop I want to use in combination with manual entries.

So during the development phase I used the !From Broker to Strategy MP Synchronzier! and my exit signal with Paper Trader on MNQ. In this setting everything works like I intended it to work. I go long/short by hot key and one tick later the stop order from the exit signal appears and gets trailed as intended. The !From Broker to Strategy MP Synchronizer! syncs the (Paper)Broker MP with the Strategy MP with no issues when I open a position, close a position or the stop or target get's hit.

But:
When I use !From Broker to Strategy MP Synchronzier! on live trading via Dorman/Rithmic (everything I am aware of so far checked: Dorman Broker Plug-in selected, autotrading activated and warning message accepted) nothing happens in regard of the "Strategy Postions" tab. The !From Broker to Strategy MP Synchronzier! or the Broker plug-in does not seem to do anything. The Broker and Strategy Position stays flat at "0" no matter what the real Dorman Broker Position is. Same for the Strategy and Broker Open P/L...

Also activating autotrading while in an open position will not bring up the "Assign Inital Market Position to Strategy" window.

So I would kindly like to ask the fellow MC/Rithmic users if they ever encountered something similar with !From Broker to Strategy MP Synchronizer! and Rithmic or if !From Broker to Strategy MP Synchronizer! is working on their end as intended? Or do I just miss a setting?

If you are using MC/Rithmic and never checked if !From Broker to Strategy MP Synchronizer! is working on your system you would help me very much if you could just check it the next time trading your live account.

There would be - as far as I know - no "additional" risk testing !From Broker to Strategy MP Synchronizer! on the side. Just bring up "Format Objects" and only add !From Broker to Strategy MP Synchronizer! in "Signals" (no other signals needed). Then scroll down in the "Signals" "Strategy Properties" window and set the "Select Broker Plug-in" to your live Broker account (in my case Dorman). Finally activate autotrading. You will get the autotrading warning message, accept "Yes" and you are good to go trading as usual. The "MP is synchronized!" message from !From Broker to Strategy MP Synchronizer! should appear in the upper right corner of the chart window a few seconds later. If you open, hold or close a position please check the "Strategy Positions" tab and take a look if the Strategy and Broker Position are in sync.

Your feedback would be greatly appreciated!

It would also be great, if the MultiCharts devs could take a look into this!

Chartsurfer

Re: !From Broker to Strategy MP Synchronizer! + Rithmic  [SOLVED]

Postby Chartsurfer » 27 Jan 2021

The MultiCharts team solved the issue.

My problem was the account setting in the Dorman Broker Plug-in. I switched my broker some months ago and the old account - which I deleted that given time - was still somehow set in the Properties of the Broker Plug-in. I had no idea of that setting (which is different from File -> Broker Profiles) and that you have to change it manually by going

Format -> Strategy Properties -> Auto Trading tab -> scroll it down -> Select Broker Plug-in Section - > click on the settings icon -> type in the correct account into the account box located in the lower right corner

I would like to take this opportunity to express my heartfelt thanks to the MultiCharts team. They helped me quickly and competently. Excellent service!!

Return to “MultiCharts”