"Emulate locally using Trade and send market order" bug  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
wilkinsw

"Emulate locally using Trade and send market order" bug

Postby wilkinsw » 10 Feb 2021

Hi,

I've only just started using: "Emulate locally using Trade and send market order" in MC12.
CONVERT TO MARKET.PNG
(2.18 KiB) Not downloaded yet
I've noticed that it will only work if last traded price is worse than limit price.... NOT if last traded price == limit price.

Just thought I'd let you guys know.

Thanks,

Will

Svetlana MultiCharts

Re: "Emulate locally using Trade and send market order" bug

Postby Svetlana MultiCharts » 03 Mar 2021

Hi Will,

Please describe what you mean by “last traded price” here.

MultiCharts emulator receives prices from a broker. Broker prices may differ from chart prices (for example, when data feed and broker are different, or a different quote field is plotted on a chart).

wilkinsw

Postby wilkinsw » 24 Mar 2021

Hi,

I've only ever seen this issue in products where broker prices are the same as chart prices.

For example:

IQfeed: @ADM21
CQG: DA6M21

These two tickers will produce the exact same prices. Yes you could argue that tiny differences in latency may cause momentary differences. But that's not at all relevant here.

The issue I've reported is the following: Emulated limit orders [Emulate locally using TRADE and send a MARKET order] are NOT being converted to market until "TRADE" exceeds the limit price parameter. Was this by design?

Svetlana MultiCharts

Postby Svetlana MultiCharts » 14 Apr 2021

No, it was not. Emulated limited orders are designed to be converted to market when the price touches or exceeds the limit price.
The emulator is triggered by the prices received via the broker plugin.

If you find the behaviour is not correct, please send us logs via the main MultiCharts window -> Help -> Feedback when the issue is reproduced.
In the description please specify the Broker Order ID of the order with which you had the issue (Order and Position Tracker -> Orders tab -> Broker order ID column).
Please select the options:
Attach a screenshot;
Attach log files…;
Upload collected data to help desk;
uncheck other options and click Send.

wilkinsw

Re: "Emulate locally using Trade and send market order" bug  [SOLVED]

Postby wilkinsw » 20 Apr 2021

I've now opted to convert unfilled synthetic limits orders to market after x seconds.

This solution works for me. I don't feel any fixes are required from MC's end and that the current behaviour is fine.

But it is worth noting that server side/synthetic limit order will only convert once the market trades below (not at) the trigger price. This might be ok for some users. The workaround I just mentioned is fine for me.

Return to “MultiCharts”