[FS06] Auto trading will be stopped.

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
joe107c

[FS06] Auto trading will be stopped.

Postby joe107c » 06 Apr 2021

hi,
I use 1min resolution chart and turn on AA mode befor the market open.
Then, then market opened and after a whilt, I got error message: [FS06] test12345 (LGIH-SMART(Interactive Brokers)) strategy calculation start time lags behind the tick arrival time by more than 72545 ms. Auto trading will be stopped.
then, the AA mode was turned off.
I turned on AA mode agian manually and everything got fine. The orders were sent to brokers.
And my question is, how can I stop the FS06 Error and keep AA mode turned on?

Perhaps it is because the time between the ticks for this instrument is too long?

Kate MultiCharts

Re: [FS06] Auto trading will be stopped.

Postby Kate MultiCharts » 06 Apr 2021

Hello joe107c,

The message is a part of our new Fail-Watch system. It was designed to warn customers about possible issues.

If you are getting FS06 message, the general recommendation is to reduce the load on the CPU.

If that doesn't help, when the issue is reproduced, please send us logs via the main MultiCharts window -> Help -> Feedback.
Please select the options:
Attach log files…;
Upload collected data to help desk;
uncheck other options and click Send.
We will analyze it on our end.

If you are satisfied with the current performance, do not observe any issues in the operation and consider this alert excessive, you can change the timeout or completely disable the alert in MultiCharts -> File -> Preferences -> Trading tab -> Fail-Watch and trading system warnings.

Smoky

Postby Smoky » 07 Apr 2021

@Kate remember i have the same message with an hight power laptop I9900 K at 4.5 ghz used only at 10 % .....

kelvinhui9

Postby kelvinhui9 » 07 Apr 2021

Just to share as mentioned in another post, I have exactly the same issue, 1 mins chart trading with AA mode, strategy went down after opening chart for awhile with FS06 messages.

@Kate, regarding disabling the system warning, do you mean by purely remove the alert message but my strategy will still be shut down... or it is an option to completely disable the activation of FS06 ? Thank you

Smoky

Postby Smoky » 07 Apr 2021

@kelvinhui9 maybe better to disable this crazy Fail Watch System who do nothing good take big UC power and shut down auto trading !

this tools use buggy Microsoft tools to have power datas and make many system crash and cpu usage bigger LoL

You ca use registry key to disable

kelvinhui9

Postby kelvinhui9 » 08 Apr 2021

@Smoky, Thanks for the great tips and glad to know there is some way to turn the fail watch system off. Just curious regarding the registry key, do you know what is the procedure to disable the fail watch system? Thanks!

Tammy MultiCharts

Postby Tammy MultiCharts » 08 Apr 2021

Hello kelvinhui9 and Smoky,

If reducing CPU load does not help to avoid [FS06] alerts being generated, we recommend our users to report that to us, so that our engineers could analyze the specific environments and check if there is a delay in strategy calculation.

wilkinsw

Postby wilkinsw » 14 Apr 2021

I've struggled with this too. I find losing autotrading when it is needed the most (e.g. sudden surge is market acitivity) is terrifying.

I have simplified my live deployment as much as possible now to avoid this error and will avoid complex IOG code in the future.

Would be great to have a registry edit to turn it off should the user prefer.

Stormy

Postby Stormy » 22 Apr 2021

I agree that there should be an option to disable this monitor from shutting down auto trading.....transient CPU load issues have caused my auto trading to shutdown and this is a major issue.

nick111

Postby nick111 » 20 May 2021

@TammyMulticharts,
I find the Failure Watch information very important.
Earlier today I followed your instructions and uploaded the logs.
I agree with the others that an on/off switch for the Failure Watch should be implemented.

Return to “MultiCharts”