IQfeed drop this morning in ICE futures

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
wilkinsw

IQfeed drop this morning in ICE futures

Postby wilkinsw » 15 Apr 2021

Hi,

IQfeed have had another realtime feed drop this morning. This time effecting ICE futures.

Shame as they used to be good.

I have CQG as a backup. What other feeds do users recommend for global futures; realtime and history (not including Interactive Brokers)?

Regards,

Will

hughesfleming

Re: IQfeed drop this morning in ICE futures

Postby hughesfleming » 18 Apr 2021

I am also looking for an alternative. This business is difficult enough as it is without the technical problems.

regards,

Alex

janus

Postby janus » 19 Apr 2021

MC is already very good at supporting a wide range of brokers and data feeds. Perhaps it's time to go to the next level, something I suspect no other platform provider has ever done. Support for failover mode such that if the data feed fails, MC switches over automatically to another one. Generally this would be useful only when the primary data feed and the broker are not one and the same. Just a thought for those who are eager to reduce their exposure to big losses.

wilkinsw

Postby wilkinsw » 19 Apr 2021

Don’t like that idea Janus.

Careful what you wish for. MC might add such a feature and it prove a nightmare with auto switching happening at the wrong time.

I have no issues switching from iqfeed to cqg on the fly, manually. I just make sure all my cqg front months have iqfeed histories imported at each rollover. That way if i need to failover, both feeds should generate the same signals. You just need to generate an alert when a feed stops updating for an unusual amount of time: e.g. Wti for >30mins during the night and Spoo for >2 mins during the cash session.

If you use symbol colour coding failing over is pretty rapid. No need for a new MC feature.

Any users have experience with non-broker data feeds other than iqfeed?

janus

Postby janus » 19 Apr 2021

When running in full auto mode I maintain stop orders to prevent disasters if and when my internet connection itself fails. I was just thinking of enhancing the process of handling lost connections to a data provider while still having a connection to the broker so that I could see a chart updating and if necessary manually adjust my stops or close out my positions. I wasn't expecting the database to be updated using the failover data feed unless requested by the user. I wouldn't personally for the reasons you outlined. I just hate flying blind.

Return to “MultiCharts”