NEW TRANSACT DLL

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Marina Pashkova

NEW TRANSACT DLL

Postby Marina Pashkova » 07 Jul 2008

To receive real-time and history from TransAct, please upgrade the TransAct data feed dll following the instructions below:

1. Download the zip file
2. Unzip it.
3. Close MultiCharts and all its processes
4. Run the .bat file
Attachments
transact_backfilling.zip
(1.98 MiB) Downloaded 139 times
Last edited by Marina Pashkova on 19 Aug 2008, edited 1 time in total.

weems maria-laura

TransAct download

Postby weems maria-laura » 04 Aug 2008

I thought TransAct was no longer supported by Multichart.
If I am incorrect, where do I download the file you posted: on my desktop? Then run it?
Please explain.

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 05 Aug 2008

Dear Laura,

TransAct is supported in MultiCharts. To update your dll, save the above file anywhere on your PC (you can save it to your Desktop). Then follow the instructions below:

Instructions on connecting TransAct data feed to MultiCharts.

1. Close MultiCharts.

2. Run vcredist_x86.exe file & Install VC++ 2008 redistributables.

3. Run the TransAct.bat file or install.js file.

4. Install the latest version of TransactAT Trader.

Or you can upgrade to the 4.0 beta version of MultiCharts. It already has all the necessary updates in please. You can request the new version at http://www.tssupport.com/support/downlo ... beta.shtml

Regards.

phil

Postby phil » 06 Sep 2008

I have a problem with the version platform of transact futures and ht ehistorical data. I receive the data in realtime but when I close multichart it's seem that it quotemanager don't keep the data in the database. Because when I reopen multichart it's reload all the data. Did someone have this problem. Its' seem that transact have change the version of platform. Version 4.3.6. I'm using a demo version. Can tssupport check at this problem?

thx

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 17 Sep 2008

Dear Phil,

Please run the following test to see if the data is saved in QuoteManager or not:

1. In QuoteManager, clear all the data for the symbol in question.
2. Plot a chart for this symbol in MultiCharts
3. Close the program and make sure that all the processes in TaskManager have been terminated (especially tsServer.exe)
4. Run QuoteManager, go to Edit Data and see if the data from the previous request has been saved there.

If the data is not there, please let me know.

P.S. What version of MultiCharts are you using?

phil

Postby phil » 17 Sep 2008

Hi Marina,

I found the problem of this. With the new beta2 version Hte tsserver.exe file close by itselft. It was a tsserver.exe issue that I don't how it's doesn't work proprely. I have owndata and I found it's was a big problem with the quotemanager of multichart. If I run both at the same time the tsserver.exe of owndata doesn't close proprely and was causing that the tsserver.exe of multicharts wasn't working proprely too and was causing the problem that I had. Now I only open one at the time and the data are store correctly if I close multichart. But the owndata tsserver.exe remain a problem, it's doesn't close proprely if I recerive some data suring the day. I f I import some data and close it's immediately. Well it's working corrrectly. BUt If I receive some quote. The tsserver.exe doesn't close by itselft and cause the lost of all data receive. Enginnner maybe due for a little upgrade of owndata. They seem very busy.

thx
ĥil

thx

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 25 Sep 2008

Dear Phil,

OwnData does need to be updated, however I do not have an ETA as to when the next upgrade of OwnData should be released.

Also, the OwnData tsServer should not interfere with the work of tsServer in MultiCharts. However, I will have our engineers to look into that.

Best regards.

ocm1

Re: NEW TRANSACT DLL

Postby ocm1 » 06 Oct 2008

Hi TS Support,

Now I using Multichart version 2.1.999.999.
and update new TransAct data feed dll.
My problem is why cannot load data from TranAct?

Pls see my picture and help can solve it ..

Thank you

from ocm
To receive real-time and history from TransAct, please upgrade the TransAct data feed dll following the instructions below:

1. Download the zip file
2. Unzip it.
3. Close MultiCharts and all its processes
4. Run the .bat file
Attachments
cantLoadData.jpg
MenuMC
(309.29 KiB) Downloaded 576 times
DataSources.jpg
data source
(139.26 KiB) Downloaded 577 times

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 07 Oct 2008

Hi ocm,

Unfortunately, version 2.1.999.999 is no longer supported.

I would recommend upgrading to the latest 4.0 beta 3 version. If the problem is still there after the upgrade, please let me know and I will help you.

Best regards.

Return to “MultiCharts”