Trading same symbol multiple strategies

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Salzburg

Trading same symbol multiple strategies

Postby Salzburg » 07 Jul 2021

I intend to trade multiple intraday strategies on same chart and in separate charts.
All trading against same IB account.

There will be times when one order is short and another one is long, etc, so in the end its the net result that counts.

They all work independant and uses stop, and profit targets.

QUESTION: I Sometime get a message from IB saying price has changed to not cross orders... any way around this error message and change in my order ?

In TS there is a setting, that you need to tick, when you trade several strategies in same symbol and same account, in Multicharts, is there a setting that one needs to tick to be able to trade like above ?

I will only use, SYNC mode.

Any tips from other trading same symbol multiple strategies on same account, is greatly appreicated.

Svetlana MultiCharts

Re: Trading same symbol multiple strategies

Postby Svetlana MultiCharts » 23 Jul 2021

MultiCharts supports trading with several strategies on the same instrument. Each strategy sends orders independently of other strategies, according to the internal chart/auto trading system position. More details are provided in this article.

MultiCharts does not execute orders. The orders are managed (executed or rejected) by the broker as soon they are sent.
In TS there is a setting, that you need to tick, when you trade several strategies in same symbol and same account, in Multicharts, is there a setting that one needs to tick to be able to trade like above ?
Unfortunately, there is no such option. TS is a broker, while MultiCharts is not. IB API does not have the option you mentioned. Therefore, it is not possible to implement this feature in the current platform architecture.

Zheka

Postby Zheka » 30 Jul 2021

You will most probably have to use an ASYNC mode. In TWS/IB Gateway try to tick off the "Cross-side order warning".

McGeorge

Postby McGeorge » 19 Aug 2021

MultiCharts supports trading with several strategies on the same instrument. Each strategy sends orders independently of other strategies, according to the internal chart/auto trading system position. More details are provided in this article.

MultiCharts does not execute orders. The orders are managed (executed or rejected) by the broker as soon they are sent.
Unfortunately, there is no such option. TS is a broker, while MultiCharts is not. IB API does not have the option you mentioned. Therefore, it is not possible to implement this feature in the current platform architecture.
Hi Svetlana,

Is it possible to use broker's "Order ID" to identify orders at brokers and check order status proactively by Power Language codes? I use IB and I can see that "Order ID" is a unique number for each order, i.e. the EntryOrder, ProfitTaker and StopLoss orders have their individual "Order ID". IB assigns "Order IDs" for these order once they are triggered, even if they are just lining up on IB's server to be filled. If OCA orders are sent to IB, the ProfitTaker and StopLoss pair will show same number in the "OCA Group" field. The "Order ID" and "OCA Group" are important pieces of data for each MC strategy to manage its own orders no matter how many chart windows or strategies are running the same symbol, or when any strategy is inadvertently turned off and back on.

Thanks,
McGeorge

Svetlana MultiCharts

Postby Svetlana MultiCharts » 20 Aug 2021

Hi McGeorge,

Unfortunately there is no such option.

Return to “MultiCharts”