Historic Data for MC

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
bowlesj3

Historic Data for MC

Postby bowlesj3 » 08 Jul 2021

Hi,

I am in the market for historic data for MC64. Specifically data going back to the 1987 crash and a bit before. It needs to be data that can feed MC64 bit daily and minute bars to be used in (weekly bars, daily bars, 30 minute, 15 minute, 5 minute and 1 minute bars). At the moment it is simply to extend my data for select stocks back to then for some crash analysis research. Does anyone have any suggestions.

Thanks,
John

TJ

Re: Historic Data for MC

Postby TJ » 08 Jul 2021

All exchanges have data services. You can either buy direct, or through their agents.

bowlesj3

Postby bowlesj3 » 08 Jul 2021

Thanks TJ. Interesting. I was expecting responses such as MetaStock data or something along that line.

Maybe the question needs to be enhanced to this. How do I get the historic data installed into MC such that it extends the existing Interactive Broker Data back in time without disturbing that IB data and also such that it also adjusts for stock splits? That leads to questions as to where to find this in the MC help and/or the MC Wiki help. If that is a problem maybe I need to install it on a different MC installed on a different machine so that issue is bypassed (it comes already adjusted for splits). Have others done either? What have they learned? Lots of questions :-)

Salzburg

Postby Salzburg » 08 Jul 2021

Getting, properly intraday adjusted data for equities, to use with MC will be very very difficult, and even more difficult to maintain it.
Daily data adjusted is easier, you however needs to decide exactly what "adjusted" means for you, dividents and or splits adjusted, total return series etc.
And based on this chose a supplier that can handle your needs.

I friendly advise, Forget IB, use IB as broker, but dont use their data for analysis, will spare you lots of headache.

bowlesj3

Postby bowlesj3 » 10 Jul 2021

I guess this is the wiki page to study.
https://www.multicharts.com/trading-sof ... rting_Data

Return to “MultiCharts”