Avast complained about MC this morning  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
bowlesj3

Avast complained about MC this morning

Postby bowlesj3 » 15 Jul 2021

Hi,

when I started MC64 this morning Avast started scanning for problems. I have not seen this in years. I also do not remember an avast update coming down but then again I was away from the terminal a lot yesterday due to my birth day.

So I figured it was just Avast. I started MC a few times before it ran normal.
The first time MC crapped with a dump (avast was actually running at this time).
The 2nd time I started MC avast started again but this time I clicked the X on avast. MC complained about an incompatible file and stopped.
The 3rd time and 4th time MC started fine and avast did not kick in.

I ran an avast scan and it reported zero problems.

I am curious if anyone had a similar experience or knows of this experience. The incompatible file message from MC is the biggest concern here even though it did not complain about such a file during the 3rd and 4th restart.

Thanks,
John
Last edited by bowlesj3 on 15 Jul 2021, edited 1 time in total.

sptrader

Re: Avast complained about MC this morning

Postby sptrader » 15 Jul 2021

I had to remove Avast after many years, because of problems like yours and general performance issues.

bowlesj3

Postby bowlesj3 » 15 Jul 2021

Thanks sptrader. What did you replace Avast with?

janus

Postby janus » 18 Jul 2021

I removed Avast a long ago for similar and other reasons. I went back to McAfee after I checked it out - it is a major improvement of the old versions I used to use many years ago. It had serious issues, which was one of the reasons I went to Norton and then Avast. Now I am glad to say McAfee is much better. Norton is good too but went to Avast after it had some performance issues.

bowlesj3

Postby bowlesj3 » 18 Jul 2021

I removed Avast a long ago for similar and other reasons. I went back to McAfee after I checked it out - it is a major improvement of the old versions I used to use many years ago. It had serious issues, which was one of the reasons I went to Norton and then Avast. Now I am glad to say McAfee is much better. Norton is good too but went to Avast after it had some performance issues.
Thanks Janus.

I just checked out McAfee. Apparently it was bought by Intel in February 2011. Maybe that explains the improvement.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/McAfee

Vlada MultiCharts

Re: Avast complained about MC this morning  [SOLVED]

Postby Vlada MultiCharts » 29 Jul 2021

bowlesj3,

Some antimalware programs can interfere with MultiCharts processes.
We recommend adding all MultiCharts processes to the whitelist of your antivirus.

Return to “MultiCharts”