Format Instrument Freezes  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
GuppyDRV

Format Instrument Freezes

Postby GuppyDRV » 26 Sep 2021

Hello all,

I’m running current version of.

• MC
  • IQ Feed
  • Windows 10
An interesting development. Without having made any system changes MC freezes anytime I click on an instrument in the format instrument box. I can delete an instrument, add studies, make changes to anything except when I click to actually format the instrument.

Multicharts has a hard freeze when this happens with zero response. All other parts of my computer system operate normally. I can even open a second instance of Multicharts and will get the same result should I attempt a similar change.

The only way to close down Multicharts is using the task manager to force an exit. After doing this the following processes are left running.

• TsServer
  • Trade Server
  • ATCenter Server
  • Study Server
  • Message Center
They also have to be forced closed using the task manager. Any ideas on what’s happened? Other than windows defender there is no additional anti-virus on this system. In years of using Multicharts this has never happened before and has me stumped as well as dead in the water as I can’t make the needed changes to trade tomorrow.

Thanks for any help.

GuppyDRV

GuppyDRV

Re: Format Instrument Freezes

Sorry for the double post but I forgot to mention that I tried a complete uninstall and reinstall of Multicharts without help.

GuppyDRV

sptrader

Postby sptrader » 26 Sep 2021

You could try MC12, I run it daily with no problems.
You might also run a scan with Malwarebytes to insure no PC problems.
You might also check CPU and Ram usage. Windows defender can use excessive RAM and CPU as I recall.

GuppyDRV

Thanks sptrader I’ll give the malwarebytes a try! I’ve been running and trading successfully with 14 since it came out and other than this issue it works perfectly. This really happened out of the blue as in one click it’s working just fine a click later while changing a setting complete failure.

GuppyDRV

Tammy MultiCharts

Postby Tammy MultiCharts » 27 Sep 2021

Hello GuppyDRV,

We'll need to check your logs to find out what's causing the issue.
Please try to reproduce it in a simplified environment (1 workspace, 1 chart) and once the issue is reproduced, please send us a bug report as described below.
Please note that it is important to collect the logs at the moment when the issue is reproduced (MultiCharts is frozen), before restarting the software, so that we could investigate it.

Please use the Feedback application to send us the report. You can access it through Windows Start Menu -> MultiCharts folder -> Feedback.
Please insert a link to this forum thread in the comment field. It would also be very helpful for analyzing the issue on our end if you provided detailed steps to reproduce it.
In the Feedback window please select:
Attach a screenshot;
Attach Log files…;
Attach minidumps…;
Upload collected data to help desk; and click Send.

GuppyDRV

Re: Format Instrument Freezes  [SOLVED]

Postby GuppyDRV » 29 Sep 2021

Just an FYI,

I performed the malware scan as well as a complete system anti virus scan and have found the issue to be resolved. There were several peaces of malware on the system which in itself is scary as the only sites this computer ever connects with are my trading systems, broker, data feed etc….

Any I’m up and working again thanks for the suggestion and support!

GuppyDRV

Return to “MultiCharts”