Setting Trade Size  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
guitru

Setting Trade Size

Postby guitru » 22 Dec 2021

Hello everyone,

I am a recent new user of Multicharts so I’ll apologize in advance if the question is silly or trivial.
I am testing some very simple trend following strategy on cryptocurrency, e.g. BTC in particular.

I have problem setting the «Setting Trade Size» in in the Trade size section.

I select “Cash per Trade” and specify the trade size and then I enter the currency value in to the box, let us say 1’000-2’000USD per trade.

Naturally the amount entered in “Cash per Trade” box is not sufficient to trade the minimum number of 1 BTC (trading at circa 49'000 USD per BTC), so no trade will not be executed. I have no problem when inputting a larger amount e.g. 100’000 USD per trade…

It seems to me this is a setting that makes sense when trading futures where the minimum lot is 1 “contract” but with crypto I can purchase any fraction of BTC (or other crypto), so my question is: what am I doing or setting wrong?

Or nothing is wrong, it’s just that MC cannot handle fractions of “shares”, that is, fractions of BTC or other crypto currency?

I have searched online and the MC guide but I can’t seem to understand what I’m missing – help please … I will deeply appreciate any suggestion or hint! 🙏

Saluti/Regards

Gui

Tammy MultiCharts

Re: Setting Trade Size

Postby Tammy MultiCharts » 22 Dec 2021

Hello Gui,

In MultiCharts it is only possible to trade integer values. For trading crypto symbols Contracts Ratio was added into Binance broker settings. You can access it in Binance Futures / Spot Settings > Contracts Ratio tab.
For example, the Contracts Ratio for BTCUSDT futures is 0.001. When you buy 1 contact in MultiCharts, it will be 0.001 contract at Binance. If you need to buy 0.1 contract for BTCUSDT at Binance, you need to buy 100 contract at MultiCharts.

guitru

Re: Setting Trade Size  [SOLVED]

Postby guitru » 23 Dec 2021

Dear Tammy, that helps!

Sorry that I missed that, seems so easy now - I'm sure it was explained in the tutorials (I'll read more carefully in the future...)
Thanks a lot, very appreciated!

Best regards, Gui

Return to “MultiCharts”