Authorization. MC can't now work for 30 days off-line

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Tresor

Authorization. MC can't now work for 30 days off-line

Postby Tresor » 12 Jul 2008

Hello,

In this post http://forum.tssupport.com/viewtopic.php?t=5278 Stanley says MC can work 30 days without internet connection.

1. I opened MC while off-line and happily my MC started working without asking me for my registration name and my registration key.

2. I closed MC after 5 minutes.

3. I tried to open MC again after another 5 minutes (still being off-line) and suprisingly MC asked me to enter my registration name and the key.

Can someone confirm that MC can now work for 30 days without the internet connection but only with but one start?

Regards

mojotrader

Re: Authorization. MC can't now work for 30 days off-line

Postby mojotrader » 14 Jul 2008

Hello,

In this post http://forum.tssupport.com/viewtopic.php?t=5278 Stanley says MC can work 30 days without internet connection.

1. I opened MC while off-line and happily my MC started working without asking me for my registration name and my registration key.

3. I tried to open MC again after another 5 minutes (still being off-line) and suprisingly MC asked me to enter my registration name and the key.

Can someone confirm that MC can now work for 30 days without the internet connection but only with but one start?

Regards
I had the same problem over the weekend. I was out of town with no internet connection and MC worked fine the first time. When I tried using MC a second time w/o connections it prompted for registration information. Fortunately, I have a phone line that provides 21K internet access so I was able to reregister. (Note the last time I tried registering over this 21K line it would not take). Anyway, MC still has this problem and it’s safe to say the fix was not thoroughly tested.

~mojo

aljafp

Re: Authorization. MC can't now work for 30 days off-line

Postby aljafp » 15 Jul 2008

Hello,

Regards
I had the same problem over the weekend. I was out of town with no internet connection and MC worked fine the first time. When I tried using MC a second time w/o connections it prompted for registration information. Fortunately, I have a phone line that provides 21K internet access so I was able to reregister. (Note the last time I tried registering over this 21K line it would not take). Anyway, MC still has this problem and it’s safe to say the fix was not thoroughly tested.

~mojo
Some time back, some of us were concerned if our software will continue to work if TSSuport does go out of business.
The solution from TSSupport was that when that happens , they will release some kind of patch to disable the online validation so that users can continue to use the software.

I can only hope that TSSupport will properly test this patch.
So that if the day do come ( touch wood ) when we need this patch, it is working without any bugs.

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 16 Jul 2008

Hi guys,

Authorization doesn’t work quite the way it should in the current MC version. We are working on the fix that will ensure that authorization is only requested every 30 days. The problem will be fixed in the 4.0 beta due within 1- 1.5 weeks.

As for the patch to ensure the continued work of MultiCharts should TS Support go out of business, I will pass your suggestion on to our developers.

Regards.

khalaad

WHY NOT BE POSITIVE

Postby khalaad » 16 Jul 2008

Why the fear of TS Support going out of business?

It should not happen if the development work continues at the current pace.

I remember the time in the almost nothing worked; MultiCharts has come a long way.

Khalid

khalaad

NO SIGNS OF IMPENDING FAILURE

Postby khalaad » 16 Jul 2008

Hi All,

I do not see the text book signs of impending business failure here.

In fact quite the opposite.

All the visible signs are of a vibrant business.

A hint:

The first sign almost always is unhappy customers.

Khalid

Tresor

Postby Tresor » 16 Jul 2008

Hi guys,

Authorization doesn’t work quite the way it should in the current MC version. We are working on the fix that will ensure that authorization is only requested every 30 days. The problem will be fixed in the 4.0 beta due within 1- 1.5 weeks.

As for the patch to ensure the continued work of MultiCharts should TS Support go out of business, I will pass your suggestion on to our developers.

Regards.
Thank you Marina. We'll all wait for the new beta.

aljafp

Re: NO SIGNS OF IMPENDING FAILURE

Postby aljafp » 17 Jul 2008

Hi All,

I do not see the text book signs of impending business failure here.

In fact quite the opposite.

All the visible signs are of a vibrant business.

A hint:

The first sign almost always is unhappy customers.

Khalid
Well, i remember there was a time where if you tell people, worldcom or enron or Bear sterns or Barings would go out of business... people would laugh...

Has nothing to do with whether customers are happy or not.....
Shit does happen

khalaad

Postby khalaad » 17 Jul 2008

aljafp,

All the signs of the looming failures in the instances you have mentioned were present for anyone who cared to find out. For instance, Enron audited accounts were screaming doom for anyone who cared to read them and Wall Street's irresponsible financial creativity was (and still is) an open secret.

Those who wish to keep their heads in the sand know nothing and never learn.

Here are two prediction based on the what I believe to be unmistakable signs:

1. After a rally from around the current levels the Dow is heading for a meltdown which shall make the 1970's look like a picnic party!

2. Inexpensive items -- for instance MultiCharts compared to TS OR open source software compared to the over-priced Microsoft products – are likely to gain in popularity and do rather well!!

Do I hear derisory laughter?

TS Support future is almost solely dependent on people willing to buy its products which shall continue to happen as long as TS Support is prepared to fulfill the needs of the trading community; if it stops doing so the first people to notice will be existing customers who shall get upset.

For all I know TS Support:
is not a public corporation and does not have to indulge in financial shenanigans to keep its shareholders pliant;
it is not in a rapid expansion mode;
it is not on a buying bing and borrowing heavily to do so;
for its business success human capital is more important than financial capital;
is continuing to improve its products.

Keep your eyes and ears open!!!

Good luck.

Khalid

TJ

Postby TJ » 17 Jul 2008

for all I speculate... MC will become obsolete before TSS has a chance to close its doors.
LOL.

Worry not... go forth and enjoy !

aljafp

Postby aljafp » 18 Jul 2008

aljafp,

All the signs of the looming failures in the instances you have mentioned were present for anyone who cared to find out. For instance, Enron audited accounts were screaming doom for anyone who cared to read them and Wall Street's irresponsible financial creativity was (and still is) an open secret.
All the signs were present ?
So you must have made a lot of money from the failures of worldcom or enron or Bear sterns or Barings.

Failures always seem so clear on hindsight.

khalaad

Postby khalaad » 18 Jul 2008

.aljafp,

I trade futures, not stocks.

Moreover trading is about finding, and profiting from, opportunities. Opportunities are not only limited to disasters waiting to happen.

You have made your point; I have had my say.

Why degenerate this into points scoring a slanging match?

Indeed, it is always sensible to make contingencies.

Just take whatever precautions you can against TS Support going belly up without being panicky.

Khalid

khalaad

Postby khalaad » 18 Jul 2008

aljafp,

Just to answer you question:

I shorted emini NASDAQ 100 futures on 1 November 2007 -- FORESIGHT, not hindsight --and to this day I am long term bearish US stocks.

Regarding US stocks, I have already stuck my neck out earlier on this thread. This is again BEFORE the event, if it happens.

Khalid

aljafp

Postby aljafp » 18 Jul 2008

.aljafp,

Why degenerate this into points scoring a slanging match?
I don't see how, you can accused me of "degenerating this into points scoring a slanging match".
It is not my intention.
But If i am guilty , then SO ARE YOU.

I am not interested in a war or words.

My last reply. out.

traderstuff

Postby traderstuff » 21 Jul 2008

Hi guys,

Regards.

It should not be necessary to notify the developers as your predecessor Kate wrote to me during Feb of 2007 that your CEO already had a plan to enable Purchasers of the Lifetime license to continue using MC if something should happen to the company or whatever.

Of course a 'reminder' might be helpful.. :)

Best,

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 22 Jul 2008

Ok, I guess we're good then:-)

khalaad

UPDATE

Postby khalaad » 10 Oct 2008

Sadly, within 17 market days of writing
Here are two prediction based on the what I believe to be unmistakable signs:

1. After a rally from around the current levels the Dow is heading for a meltdown which shall make the 1970's look like a picnic party!

2. Inexpensive items -- for instance MultiCharts compared to TS OR open source software compared to the over-priced Microsoft products – are likely to gain in popularity and do rather well!!
the rally breathed its last.

The rest, of course, is history in the making.

Without a doubt in days and weeks to come we shall get to behold spectacular "good-times-are-here-again rallies". But the nightmare won't be over until the excesses of the last 76 years are exorcised.

By which time, I am confidant, the prediction number two shall also come to pass.

Yes, I still believe MultiCharts will survive the mother of all bear markets better than TS -- my recent criticism of MultiCharts notwithstanding.

Yes, Marina, you are good.

Khalid

brendanh

Postby brendanh » 13 Oct 2008

Don't know where you get the idea MC is inexpensive compared to TS. For active traders, TS is free.

khalaad

Postby khalaad » 13 Oct 2008

For me, and also for many other people around the world, TS is not free, but prohibitively expensive.

The world is bigger than North America, Europe and a few other developed countries. However, TS Securities, unlike IB and most of very good and reputable brokers, does not open accounts for people from a number of countries. Before I purchased MultiCharts, I tried, and failed, to get TS for an affordable price.

And I wonder, is anything really free?

Khalid

Return to “MultiCharts”