Do we have TradeManager feature like TS8?

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
2haerim

Do we have TradeManager feature like TS8?

Postby 2haerim » 14 Jul 2008

I would like to know if MC will support TradeManager-like (in TS8) or TrackingCenter-like (in TS2ki) feature?

If so, any ETA?

brendanh

Postby brendanh » 18 Jul 2008

In the absence of a TradeManager feature, is there a log file somewhere that shows auto trading status messages?

Even better if MC could match TS's TradeManager Analysis feature that shows your actual equity curve. MC could retrieve this info from IB using the API.

TS's brokerage is and always will be rubbish compared to IB. Combine TS's platform functionality with IB's brokerage, and you have yourself the best retail trading platform on the planet.

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 22 Jul 2008

Hi Brendan,

Auto trading logs are writting to Start -> Programs -> MultiCharts -> Logs -> Trading Server.

Regards.

2haerim

Postby 2haerim » 26 Jul 2008

These logs are for technical debugging purpose, not for managing signal statuses at all.

To normal users, these look like a foreign languages.

We need TrackingCenter-like feature.

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 31 Jul 2008

We are considering to implement a module for tracking trades in one of the future versions of MC.

regards

amadeu1

Postby amadeu1 » 04 Aug 2008

This is the reason why i am still using TS2000i. MC promised this a long time ago already and even in the new 4.0 version i dont see it. I bought a version of MC and hoped it will be added soon.

The trading log -- can i somehoe use it to program my own tracking window ? If yes where do i get infos on how to use it ?

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 05 Aug 2008

This is the reason why i am still using TS2000i. MC promised this a long time ago already and even in the new 4.0 version i dont see it. I bought a version of MC and hoped it will be added soon.
Trademanager will be developed by the end of this year.

The trading log -- can i somehoe use it to program my own tracking window ? If yes where do i get infos on how to use it ?[/quote]

The log contains very specific technical information. In theory, you could adjust it to your needs if you are willing to do so.

zukkaweb

tradelogger

Postby zukkaweb » 16 Aug 2008

I use this software for many purpose

http://www.tradelogger.net/
http://trade-logger.blogspot.com/

it records all your trades and makes tracking trades and your actual equity curve.

now it has partnered with Collective2 for automatic trading system, but i think than could be space for mc to try a deal.

it is a free software.

I remember that you trade eod you can make a very good trading system with a simple ma at 21 day, and this could be the line to say when go or stop.

The line for the istitutional trader is very similar......

Return to “MultiCharts”