Trading Multiple Strategies on the Same Instrument

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Hemmo

Trading Multiple Strategies on the Same Instrument

Postby Hemmo » 14 May 2022

I am still encountering execution errors for trading multiple strategies on the same instrument!

MultiCharts seems to have big issues in this area … quite often offsetting long and short trades which can result in all sorts of numbers of contracts being traded (or not being traded).

Can anyone share their exact MultiCharts settings if they are successfully live trading a portfolio of strategies that include the same instruments when trading “SA”? If yes, please feel free to show their screenshots in the same manner as per the two files attached.

I would be very grateful to overcome this roadblock. Thank you.
Attachments
MultiCharts 64-bit - Auto Trading Settings required #2.JPG
(97.55 KiB) Not downloaded yet
MultiCharts 64-bit - Auto Trading Settings required #1.JPG
(110.6 KiB) Not downloaded yet

TJ

Re: Trading Multiple Strategies on the Same Instrument

Postby TJ » 14 May 2022

Didn't you just ask this question a few days ago? What happened to the thread?

Hemmo

Postby Hemmo » 14 May 2022

Didn't you just ask this question a few days ago? What happened to the thread?
No, I didn't post this query a few days ago. But I would very much appreciate the answer / solution / settings, if anyone is successfully using MultiCharts for live Auto Trading of the same instrument on multiple strategies? TS appears to be able to do this by simply ticking a few tick-boxes. Thanks.

Kate MultiCharts

Postby Kate MultiCharts » 16 May 2022

Hello Hemmo,

Strategies in such a setup work separately. Please find more info about trading one instrument from multiple charts here.

strelow

Postby strelow » 16 May 2022

Auto Trading setup.png
(83.67 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Helllo Hemmo

My setup that I use but still in test I started this day to use

Salzburg

Postby Salzburg » 16 May 2022

Intraday trading on same instrument is less painfull than swings, since you will have less issues with data and assigning positions at broker when you restarts. Some problems will arise at broker, for example IB does not allow trades in opposite direction, you wil get issues when using targets and stops, at broker. Holding them locally at MC is not a clean solution either since those will be executed by using IB data and not your chart data such as iq.. mc Itself will not cause issues when trading multiple independant strategies on same intrument, at same broker, your broker will.. due to exchange rules. I am running around 10 separate strategies on for example ES and ame for NQ, intraday.. i know that there will be issues, those issues are end of day match.. meaning that i factor in that there can be a stray position not matching.. i accept that.. my exits are simple, end of day.. i believe you will have tons of issues if you are trying to execute strategies against each other using targets.. that will be messy.. i know my solution.. the only solution.. use one account at broker for shorts, and one for longs, then .. all problems is solved... and you can trade 100 strategies on same instrument :) also, always use the setting, "always show dialog window"in assign initial market position.. not as previous user "show dialog window only if" reason is, that you want to be in control what to assign and how... using AA or SA will not help solving above... just my few cents... a good rule is to close out all positions, and debug, if you end up in a situation where you need to restart mc while position is at broker.. will save you lots of headache and stress.. one day missed trading is nothing out of 10000.. good luck

Return to “MultiCharts”