trade mismatch between strategy and strategy position  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
tonyt

trade mismatch between strategy and strategy position

Postby tonyt » 16 May 2022

Hello everyone,

I noticed an issue with a live strategy today, on the 1440 min chart. I have been short the JPY front month future for about two days. Interactive Brokers is my broker. For some reason today, I get a weird message about, that 'price does not conform to the minimum price variation for the contract'. When I checked my open orders, the stop loss and profit orders were not correct, they made no sense for the current spot price of JPY. TWS, the Interactive Brokers app, restarts everyday at 2:30PM PST. The first time this 'price variation' error occurred was 3:00PM PST

My Strategy performance report shows I should be short two contracts, but my Strategy Position tab, shows that I am flat.

I tried to manually sell two contracts, several times. It never worked, as far as I could see. The strategy still would not acknowledge the correlation between the broker position and the strategy position. I am in ASYNC mode and I guess this is why.

Has anyone experienced this? Any advice is appreciated. Apologies for the lengthy explanation.
Attachments
Should still be in this trade JPY.png
(88.11 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Last JPY trade still open.png
(8.46 KiB) Not downloaded yet
JPY Flat on Strategy Positions.png
(30.45 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Trade Error Notice.png
(30.14 KiB) Not downloaded yet

Kate MultiCharts

Re: trade mismatch between strategy and strategy position

Postby Kate MultiCharts » 18 May 2022

Hello tonyt,

Both combining manual and auto trading and using Asynchronous Mode mode (AA) are expected position mismatch cases.
Please find more info here.

You can use the Assign Initial Market Position to Strategy option to start auto trading with the required position.

tonyt

Re: trade mismatch between strategy and strategy position  [SOLVED]

Postby tonyt » 18 May 2022

Thank you Kate I'll try that

Return to “MultiCharts”