Back up completed with error  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
fly

Back up completed with error

Postby fly » 21 Jun 2022

When I backed up the file. I received the message"Back up completed with error".
And in the log file, it says "Error: Error reserving file 'C:\ProgramData\TS Support\MultiCharts64\Databases\TSSTORAGE.GDB'".
How can I solve this problem?

Svetlana MultiCharts

Re: Back up completed with error

Postby Svetlana MultiCharts » 13 Jul 2022

Our development team analyzed this case.
They could see that MutiCharts got an exception while trying to add the file "C:\ProgramData\TS Support\MultiCharts64\Databases\TSSTORAGE.GDB".
This sounds like an issue with your C: Drive.
Please check the C: Drive for errors: right-click on the C: Drive > Properties > Tools > in Error checking section click Check.

Fu510n

Re: Back up completed with error  [SOLVED]

Postby Fu510n » 07 Jan 2023

I saw that my MC backup sizes were considerably smaller than usual. Upon inspecting the logs, I saw that the TSSTORAGE.GDB (which was 12GB+ in size) had an error, so I tried to make a manual copy of it elsewhere and Windows reported an issue with the file. This was on a high quality SSD that is under a year old so I figured it shouldn't have a hardware issue but alas, I had to "recover" the file with EaseUS Pro which seemed to work fine though I'm sure there's probably a block compromised somewhere that MC may care about at some point but it started & ran fine and my backup size was normal again (as validated in the log).

It would sure be nice if there were a way to work directly with the .gdb (Firebiird?) database files rather than have to export as ASCII and re-import.

Jupp25

Re: Back up completed with error

Postby Jupp25 » 10 Jan 2023

@FU510n:
to what do you refer here, I could not figure that out while reading the post:
"It would sure be nice if there were a way to work directly with the .gdb (Firebiird?) database files rather than have to export as ASCII and re-import."

Return to “MultiCharts”