Very long wicks  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
albevier

Very long wicks

Postby albevier » 23 Aug 2022

The screenshot below shows wicks that are way out of line with the charts of the same 3m chart of SPY on August 22, 2022. I have looked at the same chart on TV, ToS, IB's TWS, and Tasty -- none of them have these wicks. I see lots of these every day when using MC and they appear regardless of the exchange used. I was surprised that IB's TWS did not have the issue since I have MC connected to IB's datafeed.

I thought it was the cache but neither clearing the cache nor downloading a refresh of historical data via MC's QM get rid of the wicks. Nor does rebooting the PC, or uninstalling and deleting all traces of MC and then re-installing the software.

Unfortunately, the wicks cause my algos to trigger trades and that's not cool.

Thoughts on how I deal with the problem?
Screen Shot 08-23-22 at 08.33 AM.PNG
(85.84 KiB) Not downloaded yet

Polly MultiCharts

Re: Very long wicks

Postby Polly MultiCharts » 23 Aug 2022

Hello albevier,

Please follow these steps to make sure the symbol parameters are correct: If unusual bars appear on the chart in real time, in MultiCharts please disable the “Include "Unreportable Last" Trades” box in the Interactive Brokers data feed settings in QuoteManager -> Tools -> Data Sources.
Restart both MC and IB TWS to apply the changes.

If unusual bars appear when you download historical data while there are no such bars in IB TWS, please send us logs via the main MultiCharts window -> Help -> Feedback.
Please select the options:
Attach a screenshot;
Attach log files…;
Snapshot of the current MC setup;
Open workspaces…;
Upload collected data to Help Desk;
uncheck other options and click Send.

albevier

Re: Very long wicks  [SOLVED]

Postby albevier » 25 Aug 2022

Thanks Polly;

Reloading the symbols did the trick -- You'da thought I'd have thought of that myself. No problems with wicks as historical data is downloaded. I must have missed deleting the database when I reinstalled MC.

Thanks much!

Polly MultiCharts

Re: Very long wicks

Postby Polly MultiCharts » 26 Aug 2022

Happy to help!
If you have any other questions or issues, do not hesitate to contact us.

Return to “MultiCharts”