Need help with multi frequency

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Januson

Need help with multi frequency

Postby Januson » 04 Aug 2008

I'm trying to build a strategy based upon 10min, 60min and 45ticks. What's is the best way to solve that? I've a couple of solutions, you're very welcome to comment:

Solution 1)
One chart with ticks applied with 10min and then 60min and then access each frequency/ type with close of data2, open of data2, close of data3 - open of data3 etc.
Rewrite the necessary indicators to functions and then call the appropriate functions for each data serie and write some strategy-logic to compare the different function-outputs (formerly indicators).

Solution 2)
Keep my charts as they are, and somehow call each window from inside a strategy and thereby be able to access the indicator values.

What do other people do? And what's best practice?

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 05 Aug 2008

Hi Januson,

Use the first variant. Just make sure you don't forget to indicate what series the functions should be based on. e.g.

--------------------------------
func1(param1) of data2;

--------------------------------

The second variant won't work. All referenced data series must be within the same chart window.

Januson

Postby Januson » 05 Aug 2008

Thank you very much.

I just tried to combine different frequencies/ types into the same chart. 600seconds together with 60minutes scale fine, but when I add ticks to the chart it gets very messy, there is different spacing between bars.
I have tried to Hide the subchart, but the chart window is still - Is there any way I can prevent the subcharts to interfere with the "main" chart?

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 06 Aug 2008

Thank you very much.

I just tried to combine different frequencies/ types into the same chart. 600seconds together with 60minutes scale fine, but when I add ticks to the chart it gets very messy, there is different spacing between bars.
I have tried to Hide the subchart, but the chart window is still - Is there any way I can prevent the subcharts to interfere with the "main" chart?
Hi Januson,

When you have several subcharts within the same chart window, they will affect each other in terms of spacing because they share the same time scale. Ticks make the charts 'messy' in this case, because they have irregular nature.

Januson

Postby Januson » 06 Aug 2008

Hi again, thank you.

So I guess that hide isn't really "hide" , it could be very nice if TS-devteam could fix that in the future! Adding a "hidden" subchart that doesn't influence main chart/ data serie :)

Januson

Postby Januson » 06 Aug 2008

Is this actually called a LIB. Look Inside Bar ? Is it coming then?

http://forum.tssupport.com/viewtopic.php?t=5313

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 08 Aug 2008

We don't have ETA for the LIB mode yet.

Return to “MultiCharts”