Signal arrows look weird

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
2haerim

Signal arrows look weird

Postby 2haerim » 10 Aug 2008

On one of my PCs, the up/down signal arrows do NOT look like arrows.

The Style list from Format Signal's Entries/Exits tab does not show normal arrows, either.

Is there any way to fix this?

The PC is running

Windows XP
Professional K
Version 2002
Service Pack 3

brendanh

Postby brendanh » 12 Aug 2008

Please ban this spammer. If you get many more of these they've probably cracked the anti-bot code that you have to type on your registration page, in which case and you'll have to change this mechanism. I see some sites now use an on screen keypad instead.

RobotMan

Postby RobotMan » 13 Aug 2008

I see some sites now use an on screen keypad instead.
Gosh, I would hate to go to that. I have several dozen sites that require a log-in. I use Roboform and, with 1-2 clicks I am in. I can even use it to get into my Bank of America online acct info. (They will issue a challenge question if I log in from a different IP number or if I install a different browser - very rarely happens).
Recently, an online radio station I listen to (Pandora.com) uses a system like the one you are thinking of and I have to manually remember my username and password and I actually have to look it up so I can type it in. I don't like this at all.

Bob Perry
Los Altos, CA

brendanh

Postby brendanh » 13 Aug 2008

I'm suggesting the registration method be changed, not the login method. The characters displayed in a slightly distorted bitmap on the registration page that a human can read, but OCR software supposedly cannot, is used to deter bots from auto-registering on forums and posting spam. Recently this security mechanism has been cracked by software that is able to auto-read the characters in these bitmaps, which is why some sites have started using other anti-bot registration methods.

Marina Pashkova

Re: Signal arrows look weird

Postby Marina Pashkova » 14 Aug 2008

On one of my PCs, the up/down signal arrows do NOT look like arrows.

The Style list from Format Signal's Entries/Exits tab does not show normal arrows, either.

Is there any way to fix this?

The PC is running

Windows XP
Professional K
Version 2002
Service Pack 3
Can you please post some screenshots illustrating the above?

Thank you.

Return to “MultiCharts”