When the stop-limit order will be added?

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
ppan

Postby ppan » 28 Aug 2008

The stop-limit order is very useful for real time trading. When the MC will have this feature?

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 03 Sep 2008

Hi ppan,

We don't have plans to implement support of stop-limit orders in the nearest future.

Regards.

icon

Postby icon » 18 Sep 2008

Marina,
I am supporting ppan's request for implementation of the "stop-limit" orders. As ppan pointed out the "stop-limit" orders are essential in the real-time, discretionary or automated trading.
I would like to add 2 more types of orders to the above request:
- Market if Touched Order
and
- Limit if Touched Order
All three types are fully supported by IB as a part of their "Basic Order Type" selection. They are also supported by your competition.
Implementation of those types would certainly add valuable functionality and resolved present issues related Sync and Async Auto-trading mode limitations.
Anybody who feels that this request has merit and the requested functionality is crucial, please voice your support.
Thanks,

SUPER

Re: When the stop-limit order will be added?

Postby SUPER » 18 Sep 2008

Marina,
I am supporting ppan's request for implementation of the "stop-limit" orders. As ppan pointed out the "stop-limit" orders are essential in the real-time, discretionary or automated trading.
I would like to add 2 more types of orders to the above request:
- Market if Touched Order
and
- Limit if Touched Order
All three types are fully supported by IB as a part of their "Basic Order Type" selection. They are also supported by your competition.
Implementation of those types would certainly add valuable functionality and resolved present issues related Sync and Async Auto-trading mode limitations.
Anybody who feels that this request has merit and the requested functionality is crucial, please voice your support.
Thanks,
I think, all orders types that are available on IB should be supported....this would give MC a great edge againts competitors.

brendanh

Postby brendanh » 18 Sep 2008

The problem of slippage increases in tandem with position-size. Stop-limit orders allow the trader to put a limit on how much slippage they are prepared to accept. I'd find this feature very useful, and it would make MC a big attraction over TS which lacks stop-limit orders in EL.

However, all autotrading feature suggestions pale into insignificance next to the fundamental problem that MC can't exit existing positions after initialisation. Where was this in beta 2:

http://forum.tssupport.com/viewtopic.ph ... 1&start=25

MC autotrading is broken until it is introduced.

ppan

Postby ppan » 25 Sep 2008

I found the stop-limit feature in NT. As a trader, I like to have more control to the orders. So I hope MC will have this feature too.

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 02 Oct 2008

Hi ppan,

This feature isn't in our roadmap yet. If there is considerable demand for this type of orders among our customers, we will certainly consider it for implementation.

Best regards.

Return to “MultiCharts”